Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparcebag

Eatin fish out of Diamond?Read this

16 posts in this topic

This says Norway is the same. It also shows Games is fine for

recreation and eating fish undetermined. They are connected?

This also says Mille Lacs fish unfit to eat, but okay to recreation on the lake.

It also shows that green is too polluted to eat fish out of the Minnesota DNR has the guidelines for fish consumption posted on the lake finder portion of their website refer to that for consuming fish!

Justin Schneider

The fish in this lake have not been tested. Since none of Minnesota’s lakes tested so far have proven safe, you should follow Department of Health Guidelines for consuming fish from this or any other Minnesota lake.

Every lake in minnesota will show up as either untested or unsafe for eating fish.

I was relieved to find out Big Kandiyohi was safe for recreation...whew!!!!

load of [PoorWordUsage]! I think I'll take my chances being that I take maybe 3 meals out of the lake each year.

planning to get out there and try and find some walleyes and perch this weekend! heard the crappie bite has about fizzled out but have caught plenty of those this winter already.

wow

Good now everbody will stay away & let me glow from mercury Or maybe I might turn blue either way more fish for me. YEA!!!!!

just think Kurt all the big fish we will have in our lakes around here after everyone quits fishing because they can't eat them anymore!

Ya eh forced C&R crazy.gifcool.gif

Everyone quit fishing! If you read the fish consumption advisories on the DNR web site they have guidlines for children and women of child bearing age to see how much they can eat. The DNR has info on almost all lakes. You also have to look at the source of the info. They have an agenda.

"You also have to look at the source of the info. They have an agenda."

An agenda? The DNR? You mean cleaning up our lakes? HAHAHA! What a foolish statement. That pesky DNR! How dare they show concern for water quality. I suppose they are just saying there is mercury & phosphorus in the water to ensure that they have jobs in the future? That seems to be the way to denigrate anything relating to science these days. How about this- When are we going to do something about the agricultural drainge that flows right into Diamond? Drive around that lake, it is gross how many fields are tiled right into the inlets. From the DNR website:

"Residential development has occurred throughout the entire shoreline area with the exception of the southeast portion of Dogfish Bay. Agricultural row crop drainage into the lake occurs via several inlets/tiles from various locations throughout the lake.

Long term water quality and clarity trends of Diamond indicate an increasingly degraded system."

I would say that report is accurate. I've seen cows in the lake in the past. I've been stuck on mats of weeds out there as well. But if that is what you find appealing- an overgrown weed and mud pit- then by all means, you go enjoy it. I think your comment was irresponsible and uneducated.

It's not the DNR's site. He said they had an agenda, he didn't say it was a bad agenda. Cool off.

[ I think your comment was irresponsible and uneducated.

I agree with this report. DO NOT EAT the swordfish, shark, or the muskies, in green??? I would love itif swordfish and sharks did swim in green. Report must be from PETA, and not the good like People Eating Tasty Animals