Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
10ptman

looking for some panfish

15 posts in this topic

going up north this weekend but looking for a lake for mon or tues. saw some poeple on cody know anything about that lake or any others

You can't go wrong with George, Duck, Sunfish or Horseshoe. Quantity may outweigh quality but if you put in your time, you'll be surprised what's in the bucket by day's end.

I'd really like to try Horseshoe and Sunfish again this weekend, Otter do you have any ideas where I could put my little brother on some fish (size doesn't matter to him, he just wants to catch fish on his birthday).

Sunfish.

I appreciate it very much, I'll let you know how we do

Sunfish- Look around the deep hole on the south end. All the 6-8 inch crappies you can catch. Still havent found the big ones yet. But still looking.......

I would to take my 5yr and 3yr old out fishing this sunday. I like the sound of sunfish lake could you please tell me where it it is, and the if it has any places close by for a bathroom /warm up break. I also was wondering if the lake id clear enough for an underwater cam. Thank you !

Sunfish Lake is located North of Waterville on the East side of Hwy.13. As far as places to warm-up, you've got options of either driving to Waterville, Le Center or Montgomery, all of which would be ~10 - 15 miles away.

Not sure about the underwater camera...

I was hoping to take my 5 year old out this weekend. I'd like to stay close to Mankato so George Lake looked good. Any thoughts on depth for sunnies or crappies? Thanks.

I would go to duck sdmaclean. I fished George 2 weeks ago for panfish and I caught about 30 sunnies. Not 1 was a keeper and they were very skinny fish.

How thick is the ice and where can I get a map of the lake.

George has some nice fish in it. I'd look in 2 places, shallow in cover or out over the basin but I suspect those fish would be traveling high in the water column and maybe even right under the ice.

Thanks for the advice. My plans changed and I think I will be going to Duck. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the advice Otter. The fishing wasn't the best, but the two younger ones still had a blast. Just goes to prove that you don't always have to catch a ton of fish to have a great time!

Like to hear stories like that!