Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dstyle

URL crappie cribs

11 posts in this topic

Have not heard much about the cribs that were put in back years ago. Are they still there and if so are there many fish around them cribs? How deep were they put in. How far out are they?

yes they r still there.each spot has about 4 cribs.if you have a gps with a lake chip it will show you where they r at.

Think the furthest is about 3.5 miles out from the east side of the lake. I believe they're sitting in 12 - 15 FOW.

Mike412, look at map. You sure talk like URL pro but you must not have the map yet. ;\)

There are 5 clusters of 20 cribs each all in 12 feet of water or deeper spread around the lake. there is a map of them at upperredlakeassn or Lakemaster has them on their map.

yup lakemaster chip has them on there

Do they consistently hold fish or do they just provide another spot to try?

Originally Posted By: Jonny P
Mike412, look at map. You sure talk like URL pro but you must not have the map yet. ;\)

Thanks for your concerns, Jonny P. I actually have the lakemaster chip plugged into my GPS right now. I could happily give you the name of each crib, and the exact location and depth if you'd like. ;\)

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

Originally Posted By: Mike412
Think the furthest is about 3.5 miles out from the east side of the lake.

I'm just saying the the North Ditch cluster is roughly 5 miles from the eastern shore and the South Shore Cluster is roughly 7.5 - 8 miles from the eastern shore.

The only time that I have seen crappies caught with any consistency is mid summer, the crappies seem to move off them after the lake freezes over, I have seem many fishermen try to fish them in the winter but have yet to see much if anything caught there. (I am only speaking from my experience here with the south cluster)

Its the same with the northern clusters. Winter time will show some perch, few walleye and a ton of little pike.