Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dw4eyes

First time to URL for wife

2 posts in this topic

I finally talked the wife to come with me to red. I want to make this a fun trip for her so she will want to go more often. I want to catch a few eyes and some crappie but she wants to catch crappie. We will be heading up friday afternoon till sunday noon with the wheeled house. I will be going out of Hillmans so can anyone give me some info on the best distance out on the road to set up? I have been to url a couple of times before but that is about it. I know the bite was slow this last weekend but it has to be better than milacs two weekends ago for me when I fished for 30 hours and caught one eye.Thanks in advanced for any info.

First off, you need to relate to your wife that the crappies are pretty hard to find... Look at Jonny and all the other guides, working to find a spot and a good report is 4-5 crappies. Secondly, I doubt when your wife is pulling up a 20" walleye, she is going to have a frown on her face. Stop in and ask for a spot they suggest at Hillmans, and Good luck and report back.