Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sportsmen58

Fish Lake fishing contest

19 posts in this topic

I hear that theres a fishing contest at Fish Lake Satyerday 27th any info from ya all

I don't know of one on Fish lake,but there is one sunday on Island Lake. Northern Sportsmens 55th Annual Ice Fishing Contest 12:30-3:30

where can i get some details on the fishing contest?

On the Island Lake contest, or the original post?

For info on local contests call Chalstroms, they usually get flyers and if they dont know try Scotty at Fishermans Corner. Highbanks Resort on Fish Lake would be my 3rd choice for info unless its on Fish Lake of course.

I will be stopping at the Northern Sportsman Contest and trying my luck on my way home from the Bash Sunday.

Steve, do you need a ticket, or did you already pick one up?

Nate I still need some. I usually buy 2 or 3. They do sell them that day there in a trailer too.

Hey Steve, I have 5 on me (as I'm a member) and need to sell them if you want a couple. Let me know.

There is a contest being held out of High Banks Resort on Saturday the 26th. He has a flyer at the bar and I saw a flyer at Charlstroms bait. The contest is be put on by students from Denfeld High School and is a fundraiser for MDA.

There was talk of another contest on Fish lake for the same day that was to be out of Eagles nest put on by the local snowmobile club. From what I heard yesterday that contest had been canceled for what ever reason.

Hope that helps.

Nate I will need at least 2. Bring them to the Bash and Ill get them from ya. I need to become a member as well. E-mail me a contact person or info will ya?

shiner,

You can save a ticket for me also. I'm not planning at this time to attend the event but the money helps support their operation if I'm correct.

My brother always attends that event so I may just have to stop by and say hi.

You got it Tom. If I remember correctly, you don't have to be present to win the cash drawings, so if you don't make it the organization still gets funds and you get a chance to win.

Steve any info on the last chance contest yet. I put in for the sats during the month that I think they will beon

Load we dont have any ties to it this year so I think Im headed to Ashland/bayfield for our Cheesehead gathering. See Wi. forum for details.

Northlander I will be staying in the Host Cabin at the United Northern Sportsmen Friday till Monday

I went and didnt catch a thing. Didnt win a thing either. Bd110's Brother JR won the big fish prize with a 8 plus pound northern that he pulled out of Rice lake yesterday. ;\)

Just joking JR. Nice fish and good job man. Biggest fish I ever saw caught in that contest for sure.

I will say I wasnt thrilled about letting vehicles on the ice this year. Its much quieter and less crowded with out all the trucks and cars out there.

If they continue to let vehicles out they need to extend the boundries to 3 times the size. You will also see more fish caught I would think.

N-Lander your're absolutely right I don't konw how anybody caught anything. That 8lber didn't stand a chance, he probably was caught by the tail fin. ;-) I do think driving out is convenient. Its a big lake and at first glance expanding the territory would be a good thing with as many people that were there.

If your talking about the U.N.S contest I think it should no AUTOS !! OR bridge over.

There probably shouldn't be cars and trucks on the ice. BUT with the weather we had sunday that was to good of a turn out For the parking they had available. Those lots were pretty full.