Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Quackaddict9

anyone fish out of...

15 posts in this topic

Does anyone fish out of Sherman's Point, Hunter's Point, or St.Albans bay? I will be heading up to Mille Lacs for the first time with a few friends and was looking for a few reports or seeing fish on the camera. Access fees? Anything I should know/advices as a first timer going to Mille Lacs

stay home and save your money the fish aren't biting.

don't stay at home, fishing is always a gamble, when is it ever a for sure? 3 weeks ago my buddies dad who lives on the lake said the same thing, stay home. We did not, and we caught some great big pig style perch. one very very close to 2lbs!! We saw some great big perch down there all day long. The moral of the story is dont ever stay home, fishing is always a better option. It may be crappy one day and you might get a limit the next day. If time allows why wouldn't you go? the ice season is shorter it seems every year...so again I say why stay at home? even when i have heard all the terrible reports and nothing is biting, i still go, only been skunked 1 time in the last 4 years....so my fishin friend, go fish and enjoy your time out there

i agree with both of those guys. do get out and fish, but the reports on mille lacs have been horrible. i would fish closer to home. try winnie.

Fished Agate bay reef Sunday and Monday with my two kids. They managed to pull in 37 jumbos and lost about 10 or so more. What a blast they had. All day we saw perch on our cameras. Only time we did not have any perch around is when a few pike came in to check out what was going on. We had or best luck for the jumbos from sunup to about 10:30 or so then really slowed down after that for the big ones. We fished in 28ft of water and used red euro larvae on a Fiska hook in color brown. Fished right on the bottom.

For advice I would say go to any of the resorts and they can point you in the right direction. Most charge around 10.00 for lake access. Good luck!

thanks for some advices. I will be going up on Saturday.

Quote:
try winnie.

I would like to go to Winnie but It's a little too far from the cities where I'm going to school.

fishing is like hunting "You can't get em if your not out there!"

I would agree to go out somewhere other than mille lacs. I have fished the lake 3 times this year with only 2 eel pout to show. The others I know that are fishing the lake are doing horrible as well. Go up to Gull near brainerd for the fishing extravaganza-you can always fish after the tournament.

"You cant get them if your not out there." That funny. My Dad used to yell at me and say "Your not going to see any deer laying on the couch." Man was my Dad smart. Go fishing when you can even if it sucks!!!!!! Outside is always better than inside. Keep in mind I say that as I type away from the comfort of my home!!!!

There are two reefs out and south of the Agate landing.If you were set in 28 feet of water you must have been west/south of Walleye drive.The end of the far reef ends out in about 19 feet or so.I was wondering if you happened to try the shallow reef closer in say in 10 fow or less?I'm going this weekend and hope I can get the youngins' into some of those jumbos.........c63

I fished shermans all last winter. between 2 spots and 2 guys we caught well of 50 walleyes LAST YEAR. I have returned to those spots 3 times this year with great frustration only catching a few bottle bass! By far my favorite flat on the entire lake, ice or open water! Going up tomarrow with a buddy thinking of going back to the honey hole of last year, but ive always said Ill never quit on a spot until it quits on me and I think ive reached that point?

C63,

I was fishing on Tullibee alley which runs west off Lake St. I have not fished anyplace else yet. Last weekend was our first trip up this season. Was way to cold to pull out the portable. I will be going up this weekend also in hopes to get a few Jumbos myself.

Bob

I have seen and caught some nice eyes and perch in 22 to 24 fow. The am bite till about ten has been the best for me. Smaller spoon and a minnow head hooked upside down. Good luck

I must have missed tullibee alley.Is it past perch parkway going south?(Maybe the rental road is called tullibee alley?)In any event good luck this weekend.c63

Sounds like some people are catching some and are not catching anything at all. With the weather warming up this weekend, it may change the fishing a bit, or not. I'll let you guys know how we do on Saturday.