Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mike morris

Any advice on Gull?

4 posts in this topic

We plan on heading up to Gull on Friday, and then fish the tournament on Saturday. We'd like to catch some fish though on Friday night, and I know nothing about the lake itself.

Could anyone offer any advice as to where to find some walleyes, or even crappies? Any advice is appreciated! You can e-mail me at mike_dogg412@hotmail.com if you'd like to keep it private, or you can respond here too.

I was out last night, and we caught 6 walleyes and missed a hand full. Our house was in 16-18 feet, but I have talked to some different people that have been doing well deeper also. Deep as in 40+ feet. In 2 weeks, I have only caught 1 fish one fish on a jig, and the rest (25+) have been on set line shinners....good luck

Hi Mike, Tim hit the nail on the head. We've had the same results over the last week. We have continued to catch a few along the weed edges but some are getting them deeper. Shiners are turning more fish lately. The north half of the lake has been the most productive for us during the last few days. If you want to stop in on Friday we can point out a few spots that have been decent lately.

Jason Erlandson

Thanks guy. We plan on stopping in now on Friday. That would be great.