Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnsen22

how is driving out on the lake

7 posts in this topic

are you pretty much stuck to road fishing right now or can you bust of the roads a little ways with a truck.

90 some looks and no replies come on looking for some info heading up this weekend

johnsen, where do you plan on fishing?

Was up last weekend. not a lot of snow on the lake but its wind blown and hard. SOME PLACES YOU CAN JUMPF AND GO, OTHERS NO. 4-WHEEL DRIVE would be a must to do that. I think you can get away from the crowds. i was off Adrians road over Pine Island!! Good Luck!

you can go just about anywhere on zipple bay.if you can find an opening through the banks.just gotta watch for the big drifts when going cross counrty.they had rain up there about 2 week ago now and the banks and drifts are realy hard

IF I WERE YOU I WOULD STAY BY THE ROAD WHEN YOU GET STUCK AND YOU WILL YOU ARE STUCK GOOD IM OUT THERE EVERYDAY AND I SPEND ALOT OF TIME STUCK GOOD LUCK

I was out from Morris Point on Sunday and Monday. Just put the truck in 4 wheel drive and shift into a low gear. You will be fine as long as you don't spin your wheels too much in the middle of some drifts.