Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
minnbowhunter

North Center

minnbowhunter    0
minnbowhunter

Thinking about bringing the wheelhouse out next weekend. Any reports on ice conditions? Should be better with all this cold weather we've been having. Can you still get on the private access on the east side?

Sandmannd    11
Sandmannd

Curious about this lake. Tried it a while ago and hit some nice crappie. Wondering if you can drive out of access and to around the point at all? Also, anywhere to catch any pike on this lake?

polarsusd81    0
polarsusd81

Hey Sandmannd, we are going out there again tomorrow, going to bring a few kids out. Wanna meet up out there? They are driving trucks around the point now.

MidCoast    2
MidCoast

I saw some cars out earlier today already.

Sandmannd    11
Sandmannd

Would love to Tom, but can't make it on Saturday. Big Wade and I were heading out Sunday morning though at 6. You free that morning to meet us out?

polarsusd81    0
polarsusd81

Shane, unfortunately, I don't think I will be free tomorrow morning. Rob is planning to head out tomorrow though. Where are you guys headed?

TroyMcClure    0
TroyMcClure

We hit North Center today and it was an absolute circus. Ignore the swarms of people on every hole and you have planes taking off from the sea base and helicopter rides on the south bay and a hot air balloon. I was expecting to see the motorcycle ball of death. Or someone to just walk around with a megaphone and scream in your ice hole.

I am looking for an excuse to get out on another lake tomorrow, just not all that interested in the crowds.

Sandmannd    11
Sandmannd

Hey TroyMcClure, talked to Tom today and he said he was going to see if you wanted to meet us out there. After hearing this and a good report of the croix, I think we will have to head down to the croix.

Ray Esboldt    0
Ray Esboldt

TM,

I just about spit orange juice all over the computer. Probably not funny to you at the time, but a gut-buster description.

gman2002    0
gman2002

was on the criox on sat. and it was the same there. what a circus

gman2002    0
gman2002

was on the criox on sat. and it was the same there. what a circus

gemNeyeJoe    0
gemNeyeJoe

north center was an absolute joke on sunday... Was going to fish south center and that was just as bad with the people piling out there and the heli's circle over allll day. settled on south lidstrom, bite was slow. no eyes. 3 10" crappies

Big Jeff    0
Big Jeff

Any pointers for the West end of North Center, sister inlaw has a cabin and I was hoping to get a fish or two out of the ice for my nephews. Looking for any things that might bite for the boys, they are 3 and 5. The 5 year old lasted almost three hours in his first time out on white bear last year so if I can get him a fish or two I think we might have him hooked for life. Thanks and good luck on the ice.

I have fished in the summer but not much at all in the winter.

Deitz Dittrich    4
Deitz Dittrich

west end?... The lake runs north and south.. if your looking for action. I would head to the deep hole just outside of center city on the south end of the lake.. should have some fish in it.. but may be small fish.

TroyMcClure    0
TroyMcClure

I agree with Deitz, we have had luck at that hole this year. It has been fished pretty hard and I wouldn't anticipate large crappies. It is possible to get some fish biting if it is quiet, which this last weekend was not.

thirtysomething    0
thirtysomething

The warm weather brings out the crazys doesn't it? As bad as openers. Where were all these folks when you had to walk out, when it was freezing, when it snows and rains? Oh well, it's good to see lots of parents introducing their kids to fishing either way. We fished South Center for a bit Sunday, same circus, different lake. Headed over to Forest Lake 2 before dark. Crowded but not as crazy. It was nice to lock ourselves in the wheel house and get some piece and quiet.

Big Jeff    0
Big Jeff

Sorry guys it is the north end of the lake we are at, there is a hole on that end but not sure if the fish like it in the winter at all. Their place is on the east side across from the 41 foot hole, is there a depth or a lure or bait that will get some fish? Again size is no issue, just want my nephews to have the excitement of catching a fish through the ice. Thanks for the geography lesson.

Deitz Dittrich    4
Deitz Dittrich

There are a group of houses up there.. and they do get fish, but again, not big ones. I myself have fished off that large rock pile up that way and done quite good with numbers. Dont go there looking for a meal or trophies, but action can be good at times. I would look for fish in that 20' depth range... plug some holes you should be able to find some fish.

Big Jeff    0
Big Jeff

Thanks for the help, I will report on our progress. I am hoping for enough action to keep the little guys interested.

Big Jeff    0
Big Jeff

Thanks for the tips guys, I took my nephews out for a little bit on Saturday and they had a great time, the weather was good and we caught a few fish. I think my 3 yr old nephews fav was pooring some minnowsdown the whole. Thanks for your help, may be we have some new fisherman!