Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Foss

Who has buzz bombs?

8 posts in this topic

I'm looking for some buzz bombs for summer laker jigging. Widely used in Canada for vertical jigging, the diamond shaped lead lures slip up and down the line to a terminal hook, and they really do the job.

Never found them in the U.S., but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a supplier somewhere in the area.

Cabela's used to have them in their trout + salmon catalog, probably still do. I got some from them a couple years ago. Otherwise I've bought them in Fort Frances. Maybe you could find them in I Falls.

I found the company's Web site and can order them. I'll take a look at Cabela's and see about pricing. Never have seen them up here, but I'm wondering if anyone knows whether Marine General in Duluth might have some.

I believe that Fisherman's Corner has them and I am pretty sure that MG does not. I haven't really kept my eye open for them for a couple years, but Fisherman's Corner was the only place that had them around here at the time.

Steve E-mail me what size and colors and Ill see what I can find ya and bring them to the bash.

Steve, I'm not sure which sizes I want. I've e-mailed the company with Burntside conditions about water clarity, depth and forage and am waiting for a recommendation. I'll be leaning toward smelt-type color patterns, and I see on their Web site they've got two or three that look VERY smeltish, including some pearl series paint jobs.

We'll see if they get back to me by tomorrow. There are a variety of sizes, and it's the sizes, more than the patterns, I'd like a little help with.

When you figure out the size call scott at fishermans corner [Note from admin. Edited. Please see forum rules before posting again. Thanks ripstick] he has them there. If you need them for the weekend let me know. can with scott.

Thanks for all the help, guys. Buzz Bomb already got back to me with size recommendations. Guess it helped that they are two hours behind us out in British Columbia. grin.gifgrin.gif

I'll call Scott tomorrow and compare prices with the online manufacturer's ordering. There's no rush. I don't need them until summer for vertical jigging out of the boat.