Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishingPops

Alpine rental from 1/19 to 1/21

2 posts in this topic

Well, my 8 yo daughter and I braved the cold weather this weekend with a stay in an Alpine Rental. Our fishing sounds like it was similar to others-some success but nothing too crazy. We caught 10 walleyes all at night on rattle reels (5 each night) and played games and read all day. The biggest was 20" and we also had 2 18's and a 18.5 My daughter only had one fish on as she slept through all the rattle reels and didn't want me to wake her up. The fish she had on though was huge-maybe a northern? Her pole was bent down and she couldn't make any headway reeling it in. I tried to help her after a while but the fish got tangled with another line and we lost it without even getting it off the bottom.

Anyway, we both had a great time and the Alpine Rental was nice both warm and clean. Even with the cold weather we stayed nice and toasty and Jerome came by a couple times a day to check on us and he also changed the battery for the lights and radio every day. My daughter was even asking when our next fishing trip would be cool.gif

Can't wait to get to Upper Red again as this was my second trip there and even a rookie walleye fisherman like myself can catch something-unlike the metro area \:\)

FishingPops

Thats awesome I'm glad you both had a great time. It's always fun to bring the kids up when they get a little older