Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gell

TOURNAMNETS?

25 posts in this topic

Anyone know of upcoming tournaments... I'd like to get into a few.

I've fished the Devils Lake Tournament one time, but other than that - never really fished tournaments.

If you could post tournaments and dates, that would be excellent... Also, let me know if there are any tournaments that allow portable houses.

THANKS

There are a bunch:

1.Brainerd Jaycees Ice fishing extravaganza slated for Jan 26

2.8th annual "challenge" Lake L'Homme Dieu in Alexandria on February 9.

3.Forest Lake Ice Fishing contest February 16

Well not a bunch, but enough to keep you busy. Looks like all have a lot of good prizes. The brainerd one looks to be the best. giving away a new truck and boat and a lot of cash prizes. Lastly, these look to be house free, so dress warm.

I'll have to check my schedule and see if any of these match up with my days off. good luck. the Perch

Gell Where are you from??? You wanna make a run over to the extravaganza this sat with me??

Can't make it this weekend, but heading for the Park Rapids tournament next saturday.

What lake is that on?? do they have a website about the tourney??

i know the Hill lounge in Glyndon has there fishing derby this sat. the 26th its only $10.00 to get in and you can fish any lake within 60 miles of Glyndon.

10th annual Park Rapids Ice Fishing Tournament Feb 2, 2008

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

Originally Posted By: ludzy7700
i know the Hill lounge in Glyndon has there fishing derby this sat. the 26th its only $10.00 to get in and you can fish any lake within 60 miles of Glyndon.

Actually I think it's the Glyndon Rod and Gun Club that sponsers this one. Not that it really matters I guess.

Are you from Glyndon Ludzy??

Nope not from Glyndon, I live in Fargo.

I have a buddy who lives there. He turned me on to this tournament 3 years ago. I didnt make it out this year. Heard the big walleye was about 10.5 lbs. this year. Good Job to that guy!

Gell you going to park rapids this weekend??

When you get your ticket do you automatically get a raffle ticket or do you buy those seperate??

Originally Posted By: JigginIsLife
When you get your ticket do you automatically get a raffle ticket or do you buy those seperate??

Your ticket stub is your raffle ticket and puts you in for the drawing.

i see thanks a bunch

There is a tournament on Lida this saturday (09Feb08) that is being put on by the local Jaycees. As far as I know, it is ten dollars to enter and starts at one o'clock. Thought someone out there may want to know.

Are you sure that is the correct date? I am interested if so. I went to look for more information about it and I found a website that said it was on January 27th? The link to where I found that info was: [Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

I'm pretty sure he's correct on the date. I've heard it advertised on the radio (KRCQ 102.3 FM out of DL) it is being put on by the Pelican Rapids Area JC's.

Yeah thats the correct date as of the flyer that has been put up in the area stores. I can try and get one and get all the info on here if you want me to.

Will the holes be predrilled, can you fish anywhere, or do you have to drill them in a given area? Do you have to fish on the ice... geeze sounds like I am planning to cheat... nope. Hate fishing on the ice when its cold and I have a few spots that I would like to fish if I entered grin.gif What are the prizes (first few is sufficient)?

Thanks ALOT!

Ben

Originally Posted By: Anylakeanytime
Will the holes be predrilled, can you fish anywhere, or do you have to drill them in a given area? Do you have to fish on the ice... geeze sounds like I am planning to cheat... nope. Hate fishing on the ice when its cold and I have a few spots that I would like to fish if I entered grin.gif What are the prizes (first few is sufficient)?

Thanks ALOT!

Ben

I can't answer all of your questions, but as far as for the one about prizes goes.... The radio ad says that there is over $1100.00 in prizes with an aqua view camera being given away.

It doesn't sound like they have the prizes like the one last weekend in PR had, but may be fun to go to. Although -6 for a high on Saturday may keep me away.

Does that mean would be sitting on the ice? If that is the case it would have to be much warmer than -6! I am a fair weather tourney man. eek.gif

Not sure, but most ice tournaments don't allow portables. Although, under those circumstances, I would have to think that they would almost have to, or not have anybody show up.

From what I was told tonight, they are allowing portables this year. I am not sure how reliable this information is but thats what I was told. I can't imagine them saying no since it is supposed to be so cold with such high wind.

Just read on the Fargo Forum web site that the Pelican Rapids JC's tournament scheduled for tomorrow has been re-scheduled until next Saturday the 16th. A look at the extended forcast shows highs near 30 next Saturday, so that is a good decision to switch it in my book.

Hey thanks eye for letting me know that. I probably would not have heard and sat out there wondering where everyone is. Thanks a lot

Originally Posted By: kywest
Hey thanks eye for letting me know that. I probably would not have heard and sat out there wondering where everyone is. Thanks a lot

You're welcome.