Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coach1310

Ernie's Access Conditions

9 posts in this topic

Hello all. Just wondering what the conditions are accessing the lake at Ernies. A friend of mine has a house near the access and I was hoping to be able to get to it with my car. Is this possible? Planning on fishing Friday. Any info on Ice conditions, travel conditions and the hot bite info would be great....one more thing....how is the morning walleye bite...as that is when I will be fishing. Thanks again. He hasn't been to it in a couple of weeks, so he doesn't have any current info for me \:\(

Not a problem at all! Just go and have fun, Good luck

my buddy has been taking a VW Jetta out to our house, no problem at all

How about a smaller SUV like a Nissan Pathfinder, am I incorrect in assuming that one can pretty much drive anywhere by car/truck these days?

How about a smaller SUV like a Nissan Pathfinder, am I incorrect in assuming that one can pretty much drive anywhere by car/truck these days?

Thanks for the info guys. How has the bite been? It will be nice to get out either way, but a fish or two would be a big bonus!!!

I have seen full size trucks everywhere north of ernies with the exception of booming out bay( haven't been there) yet I was out tonight and there was only 11 inches of ice where I was fishing.

I have not had much luck with the morning bite but thats just me, not sure about others. The evening bite has been okay nothing over 20" but the quanity seems to be better then it was a week or two ago. They seemed to be biting somewhat aggresivly.

it has been pretty steady for us, every night I go, we end up with at least 4-6 walleyes caught (and released) and then we always miss a few:) We have been fishing 14-18 feet, but last night I had a tip-up in 39 ft and it caught 2 and missed one. My guess is they will bite pretty darn good with this warm front comin, jigging has been DEAD for me, all set lines and tip ups, with golden shinners