Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuskieDowg

DL Holiday Inn

9 posts in this topic

So a friend of mine is coming up from Hotlanta, GA mid Feb. and wants to go ice fishing. I was thinking about staying at the DL Holiday Inn and sledding right out on the ice from there with the clam. Anyone done this before? Is there a better place to stay and fish for a night or two in the DL area? Thanks in advance for any info!

-Tony

Sounds like a good plan to me. I have never stayed at the Holiday Inn..but it looks nice. I spend most of my time on Big DL fishing muskies in the summer...so I cant really help you much for the hard water season. There will be a ton of lakes within 20-30 minutes of the Holiday Inn that would be good fishing. I am sure the mods (Deadhead and Fisherdog) will have some suggestions for you. Good luck

Cliffy

I've heard a few rumors of some walleyes being caugh on Big D. On the south side.

Do yourself a favor and request a room on the lake side. It's a great view and the 50 or so trains going by won't be so loud.

The Lodge on Lake Detroit is nicer, a little more expensive though.

The Lodge looks sweet! You guys think, if we do end up staying at the H.I., that our portable and sleds will be ok sitting outside overnight? I wouldn't want to wake up and find myself out a 4-man clam or a snowmobile. cry.gifmad.gif

Sure, Sure your sled and portable should be just fine.I'll make sure I have them back to the hotel before you wake up in the morning grin.gifwhistle.gif

If it was me, I would error on the side caution and try and secure these items the best that I could. I have heard it a 1000s times....."I didnt think anyone would steal it...." Much better to be safe rather than sorry.

I have gone as far as renting lake side hotel rooms and pulling my portable house and all gear thru the sliding glass door. This was at Sportmans lodge at LOTW. Is this being over cautious??? Maybe so, but I slept better knowing there was no way that it was going to get stolen. Now I have a cover on my truck and can just lock it up at night.

Good luck and take care

Cliffy

if everything is loaded on a trailer, and you are worrried about vandals, I may let you park your trailer at my place. I'm just down the road from the HI.