Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smurf

Upper Spunk Lake

11 posts in this topic

Anyone know if there are any areas to stay away from on Upper Spunk Lake as far as driving on?

I was out there last week and there was driving everywhere. I think there are a few creeks someplace but there was pretty good ice and with this cold should be even better.

They were driving on the lake a few weeks ago, there is a creek that connects middle and upper but you shouldn't have to deal with that as long as you stay at least 20 or so yanrds away just to be safe.

I appreciate the feedback, I have never been out there before. I am fairly new to fishing in this area.

Welcome to FM and the St Cloud area Smurf!

How has the bite been out there. Thinking about heading there saturday, can anyone point me in the right direction for some crappies. thanks

I have yet to fish Upper this year but last winter did pretty good on the crappies around the hump/island which is straight out from the access in the middle of the lake. Start in that area and work your way in towards the access. Good luck.

Was out yesterday from about 1:00 to 6:00. first setup got nothing not even on vex. Second setup from 2:45 on got about 8 crappies only kept five nicer ones.

We did well on the west side of the island. Start in 25 fow and work from there.

was out there today not much on east side biting. Seen them on the camera not they were not to aggressive hopefully they will get better.

Anyfishwilldo, Shoot me an email. Gonefishing56310@Yahoo.com I would like to compare notes with you, i fish the lake daily.