Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CARDFAN

Little Turtle or Movil

14 posts in this topic

Looking to fish these lakes in March. I know Little Turtle doesn't have an access, pretty sure Movil doesn't. Is there any way to get on these lakes in the winter?

We usually go on these lakes during open water and can only navigate by way of Big Turtle. Thanks for your help.

Cardfan

No access to either..need to know someone with shore access.

Sorry!

OK, will have to try plan B then. Thanks

If you do get on, be really careful of the springs... Both lakes are loaded with them...

Beef

Hey CardFan do you stay at a resort during open water?

SOMETIMES....TOOK LONGER VACA AND HAVE STAYED AT WHITE PINES THE LAST COUPLE YEARS. OTHERWISE, WE DRIVE UP FROM OUR UNCLES IN PINE RIVER FOR THE DAY OR JUST STAY OVERNITE IN THE BACK OF THE TRUCK SOMEWHERE.

WHY DO YOU ASK?

Beef,

Can you tell me why "springs" are of a concern?

Or is that only for hardwater season?

Springs = Thin Ice from the water moving or flowing. With a lot of snow it can be very dangerous and not knowing the lake.

The question was about hardwater season.

Ok, then I think I met you before not this last fall but the fall before, you guys came up and stayed in cabin 5 at White Pines.

Gene,

Springs in the winter are bad news for lake travel... They tend to keep the ice thin and that makes it typically dangerous for vehicle and sometimes foot/atv travel... What makes it really tough is sometimes especially with snow cover you cannot see or know where the springs are at... And at other times the springs can keep the water open in certain areas...

Hope this helps...

Beef

BLUEGILL,

OK, REMEMBER YOU ALSO. YOU STILL STAYING ON THE LAKE? MIGHT BE PLANNING A TRIP FOR EARLY JUNE IF THE MARCH THING DOESN'T PAN OUT.

YOU KNOW OF ANYWAY TO GET TO THESE OTHER LAKES IN THE WINTER TIME?

nope not there anymore....and nope don't know how you can get to them in the wintertime. I think you asked me that when I talked to you at the resort, and I told you that you can't acess them because of no access on either, unless you trespass on lake owners' property, and I wish to no one the consequences that could occur if caught! Sorry Cardfan

THATS RIGHT, I DID ASK YA. CAN YOU BLAME ME FOR TRYING TO GET ALL THE INFO I CAN OUT OF A GUY WHO LIVES ON THE LAKE????!!!!

DONT FEEL LIKE BEING SHOT AT, SO I'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT TILL THIS SUMMER. NICE TALKING TO YOU AGAIN AND GOOD LUCK TO YA.