Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mallatrout

Grand Lake

36 posts in this topic

Where are the fish on this lake, The last two weeks have been really poor fishing. Marking fish there coming up but no action. We have the house on the far east side 29' of water. 5-6 fish houses around us, no luck though looking for walleyes and crappies.

Move the house and go exploring, people arent going to tell you where to fish and find fish, gotta go find them yourself.

I agree, the only way to catch fish in that lake is moving til you find them, they never really concentrate anywhere, especially this time of year.

Definitely fish to be had in the lake.

You'll find fish both shallow and deep in Grand. If you're marking fish then you are in hte general area. Make a few moves like the guys have mentioned. I'd recommend getting a bit shallower.

Tried Grand not last weekend, but the weekend before. Had word of some crappies biting. Started a ways east of the access and drilled holes anywhere from 8-16 feet working east. Ended up with a couple small sunnies. Ended up running out to the east end of the lake by the bar. Drilled lot's of holes around the houses out there with nothing but small perch. I do not fish this lake to often, usually in the spring right around ice out. I know they are in there, but where at this time of year is beyond me.

Whats the ice like out there? Havent been there in awhile?

plenty of ice for anything short of 18-wheeler races

haha thanks sartell. Quick question, when i fish grand i usally do early ice so only go in front of the access. Where are the weed beds here? I though someone told me to the right of the access about 100 yards out there were some? True or false. Thanks guys

True. I'm not sure about winter, but there are decent weeds all along the south shoreline about 100 yards out. They continue around the corner and to the west side of the lake too.

You'll find scatter cabbage beds along the breaklines. There will be some in the areas you are talking about. If not work your way east a bit.

would like any info, me and my dad and brother are going out on today and would be nice to known were to fish are a area to fish.

any info. will be nice

there are fish to be had on Grand! don't hesitate to make the drive to Grand! Big crappies in basically the entire lake and northerns all over the place also. There is a spot out in front of the red A-frame cabin that can be excellent for walleyes too...just throwing that out there

thanks sartell angler where off the landing is the red fame house and what area of the lake are the crappies on

anymore info would be nice to known what side of the lake to fish

Once again that is another lake that is best learned by experiences, however lots of people tend to fish out in front of the resort, i've tried it a few times and usally come up empty except for a few small ones here and there. One of my favorite lakes for late ice panfish though, because you can find clear water in 5-8 ft sometimes more and you can sight fish them. 2 yrs ago i was doing that and caught a limit of nice sunfish a couple 1lb crappies and a 6.5lb bucketmouth, that was fun had to let him go, couple weeks earlier and he;d oh been on the wall!!

i was out last night and caught a 24 inch pike and 1 9 1/2 inch crappie and 2 10 and 1 13 inch. it was very slow but i got out at 10:00 pm

Not many but the ones you got weren't too bad. At least you found a few that cooperated. ;\)

im going again this weekend or next week

Any one have an idea if this frigid weather shut the fish down?

I don't know about the fish, but it's gonna shut me down for a few days...

has anyone been out on the lake lately if so how are the fishing biting and how thick is the ice. o/

went out today and don't get 1 bite i'll try some other time.

So you fished Grand and Pearl today?

Anyone know how much snow is out there. Is the usual well beatin trail off to the south from the access along the west shoreline? I might take my car out there today. Thanks.