Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dahitman44

Marley and Me

12 posts in this topic

I don't know if this has been covered, but this is a fantastic book. I got it for Christmas and is a MUST READ for everyone that loves their pets. Especially if you have a lab.

I Lost my 12-year old yellow to a tumor last fall, if you guys remember and I have an almost two-year-old yellow that is also a GREAT dog. Reading this books takes me back to both of them and even a little of my childhood. It is a cleaver and fast read.

Pick up this book and you will laugh and cry -- many times.

I almost exclusively like fiction, but this book is awesome.

Dahitman44,

I agree - what a great book!! I was in Target last week and saw a version of the book for younger readers.

I read it last year, and you are right, it was a great read.

I found myself laughing so much and yep even a little teary at the end. If you have ever owned a lab, you can relate to almost every single thing in this book.

Seems like every other paragraph I am telling my wife something in the book. She finally told me not to tell her anymore abecause she is going to read it and I am driving her nuts.

Well, that is my job.

I thought it was fantastic as well. I have read it three times now.

I have also read it. Funny how destructive they can be! My roommate is reading it now and I'll probably read it again once he's done with it.

I agree.....the only book I have read in a number of years. LOL

Other than training books!!!

Yeah, its a great book and their making the movie version right now. Comes out sometime this fall I think.

A movie? That is pretty cool.

It will be interesting to see if the movie can be as good or better than the book -- because you know what they say ... book is always better.

Just bought the book and will be reading it very soon. And this is from a guy who hates book. But INHO it is a must read!!

I just picked up this book on the recommendations posted here. I will be reading it soon. I read the overview on the cover and it sounds hauntingly familiar to what my wife and I went through 3 short years ago... Looking forward to a good read.

You will love it. I am rationing the book just a few pages every couple of nights. A LOT of fun.

I am over halfway, and I laugh out loud -- bus the wife until she starts reading it.