Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jpotasnak

South Center lake Report?

4 posts in this topic

Any reports on South Center? Looking to head out this weekend and was wondering how the catch was coming? Any reports would be great!

its really slowed down up there but the crappies r sill biting there just being really finicky right now, try waxies, and larva it seems like they dont want anything to do with the crappies minnows right now, its been like that for a couple of weeks now i think the bite is about to turn around after this cold front get out of town good luck man!

South Center Lake has always been productive to me when it comes to fishing for Crappies, but it appears that this winter - the size of the Crappies have been smaller than the past few years. I don't know why, but it's been disappointing. The majority of the time - I have caught my limit of Crappies within a matter of an hour whenever fishing South Center. However, I have only been out on South Center Lake about 5 times this winter and although, I caught my limit on crappies - I released most of them back into the water because they were too small to keep in my opinion and only took 1-3 home for the frying pan. They walleyes have been quite good to me this winter surprisingly even though they were all non-keepable sizes, but catching 5-8 walleyes within 3 hours makes ice fishing that much more better.

There has been some over harvest to the lake.. There is a good year class of crappies coming up but they are 6-7" right now at best. There are some keepers in there, but you need to pick through to get them for sure.