Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
duckguy

Biggest Fish you've ever caught

duckguy

What is the biggest fish you've ever caught? (Freshwater and Saltwater)

skies_and_eyes

fresh: 48 in muskie

salt: 140 lbs tarpon with fly

180 lbs tarpon on spin

shadow886

I caught and netted a rock once. A 10 lb rock covered in algae. Don't ask me how I did it because I could not tell you.

It was a little hard to eat. (Joking)

wingnut38

i've been chasing muskies for about ten years now. not real hard, but hard enough to get some quality fish. biggest was 50", one 43" and a 38". i wish i could get a few more numbers though. oh well, that's fishin.

ANYFISH

58" 62 lb sturgeon 20 min fight 8lb test, what a blast.

mrklean

I caught an 80 pound shark off Montauk, thats in the Hamptons, my dads got a 42' bayliner, sniped it with a rifle from the crows nest. Also shot a deer once. If you watch The Office you will get that.

JConrad

Saltwater = 287 lb halibut out of Homer AK

Freshwater = 20 lb Pike Gull Lake MN

TrophyEyes

33 1/2" Walleye (I have 6 others over 10 lbs), 44" Pike, 23" Smallie, 33 Lbs. Maihi Maihi (on 15# test mono). All caught before my 24th birthday.

Next Challenge, Muskies and Red Fish. I would also like a really big Lake Trout.

trock84

42# flathead, 60# sturgeon, 43 1/2" pike (BWCA), 4 1/2# sauger, But still looking for a eye over 30" and a smallie over 23"

BK19

22 pound muskie hybrid lake waconia and released back to the water that was many years ago

walleyes4me

31" walleye, 15# northern, 32# flathead catfish, 15 1/4" crappie. Walleye is the only one on the wall, all others released.

dfricke1010

48", 46", 42", 40" muskie all on a spinner bait for bass and northern

Micahmo80

7 1/2# Largemouth

22" Smally

1# 6oz Bull Bluegill

2# 7oz Crappie

46" ski

39" pike

29 1/2" eye(want a 30" something fierce)

16 1/2" perch

24" Brown trout(stream)

10# white sucker

15-18# pout

and a 35#+ carp, on 6# mono, snagged it behind it's dorsal while walleye fishing the mississippi. Fight of a lifetime!

BigFish1

51" sturgeon, 45" muskie, 42" Northern, 28.5" Walleye, 20.5"smallmouth, 19.5" Largemouth, 15" Crappie. Salt 63" Wahoo, 24"bonefish. I have a kitchen pass this weekend, where would you go to break one of these personal bests? Thanks

wahoo

650-700 lb Blue Marlin

275 lb Yellowfin tuna(7 over 200lbs)

90 lb Wahoo

70 lb Dorado(mahi)

and a lot more saltwater fish.

but, most proud of a 35 lb Northern released in Manitoba 25 years ago, plus all the Northern over 5 lbs my son and I now release.

Most proud moment, my son saying a few years ago, let it go on a 20 plus Northern, and a lot more since--in Minnesota.

Phunnyfarm

42" musky on a tip up last weekend. Looking down the hole at its head, I thought I caught a shovel!

Matt Breuer

Phunnyfarm, don't you love looking down at a spade head? Big muskies and pike are so cool because of that shovel appearance of their heads.

Great fish all!

Phunnyfarm

I'll never forget what that thing looked like through a 7" hole! I've still got the scars on my fingers from the 14# Fireline I had on my tip up, and I couldn't be happier to have the reminder!

Mr. B

50 lb King Salmon in AK (mighty tasty)

52" lengthh 26" girth Muskie on Mille Lacs (released)

31" Walleye on Gull (On wall)

32" Walleye to bad she had spawned out (released)

20 lb Pike in Boundary Waters (released)

montana49er

28" eye and 49" muskie

Flinny

31.5 Walleye

22 smallie

23 large

2X15 crappie

42 pike

GRH

30# lake trout

45" muskie

43" northern

2- 31" walleyes

jnorm1984

22# Carp- Big Stone Lake- What a trophy!!!

stretch

45lb carp

29" walleye

45" northern

53lb king salmon

189lb halibit

16" crappie

15" perch

fishinbros

40" 16lb pike

on vermillion while muskie fishin