Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wade Joseph

Customer service that deserve recognition

3 posts in this topic

I recently sent this e-mail to Menards about a problem I am having with the ice house they carry that I bought.

I recently purchased a "Strike Zone" two man flip over style ice

fishing shelter from your Superior store. I actually picked it up from the West

Duluth store because the only model left in Superior was the floor

model and when I looked at it the zipper had come apart. For this reason I wanted

a model that was new in the box. When I got it home it took me about 2

hours of putting it together. During this time I find that the holes in the

frame tubes that hold up the shelter do not line up correctly with the snap

locks to keep them in place. This is a minor grievance compared to the fact

that on my first trip out ice fishing the zipper came apart when I tried to

close the door flap. I managed to get it working again by using the second

zipper tab only to have it fail again the next time I tried to unzip the

Once I got the unit home and into a warm garage I got it working again

after quite a bit of effort. Then on my next trip out it failed again.

I would return the unit except I do not feel like disassembling it

only to return it so it can be replaced by another defective unit that

obviously have defective zippers in them from the get go. I intend to take the

unit to a canvas shop and have a good zipper put into it. I would love to hear

that you will pay me for this work, but I somehow doubt it.

I am not sure what other solution you can come up with and I anxiously

await your response before I begin to spread the word about your faulty

products on every fishing forum I can find.

Today I got this reply.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please give me the address you would like a new cover sent to and I will make sure it gets rushed. We do need and appreciate your business.

Brian Humblet

Menard, Inc.

Since we're on the subject of local businesses I have to give recognition to Russ at Marine General for outstanding service. I have purchased equipment from Russ for over 30 years and I can't say enough for his personal care of his customers. If I ever have a problem with something I bought at Marine General he always goes out of his way to remedy the problem. He is a class person, and I would recommend him to anyone.