Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mike morris

Lake Sylvia?

26 posts in this topic

Any Lake Sylvia fishermen in here? What's the ice like, and how have they been biting this year? I live right by the darn lake, but I don't even get out and fish it.

I went out to try the north bay tonight... No fish, but I did learn that the ice conditions are safe there.

I'd like to find walleyes on one of the Sylvia lakes.. Anyone who could let me in on a few spots?

Drop me an e-mail if you'd like... mike_dogg412@hotmail.com

I'll get right on it for you....

Actually from South Haven myself. Live on 2, not far from Sylvia at all.

Mike412. I grew up in Annandale myself. I am quite familiar with Co. 2. I used to party down there with some locals. I lived on Co. 6. I graduated in 97 and fmoved to Brainerd in 98. Closer to Millacs, Red and Lake of the Woods!!!!!!!

Moving closer to those lakes doesn't sound like to bad of idea in my book!

Did you live on 6 towards Cedar Lake, or on the other side of 55?

I grew up south of 55 right across from Swartwatts Lake, or Swartout Lake. My parents still live there.

I grew up on Sylvia, but haven't been out there this year. The north bay is not a bad spot.

The north bay can be really good in the spring for spawing pannies and even sometimes during the summer time. I know some guys that fished early ice this year. Only got two eyes in many trips. 18+24.

There is much more to Sylvia then you know, you have to learn the lake. Look at the structure on the lake. Nice fish come from this lake, but you have to put some time in out there. Fish any bar on the lake/s/ move around, you'll find'em.

has anyone had any good luck with pike on here. I know there in the lake, but just wondering if people have had some luck or not?

Wondering the same thing, was out there 4-5 years ago and got a few. Are people driving thru the narrows fron twin to get one there or going thru a private access? Is the ice safe all over on Twin and Sylvia? Was thinking about going out there on Sat.

I used to fish pike out there a lot. You can catch unlimited numbers of hammer handles on sucker minnow. I've caught larger pike, but you have to go though a lot of smaller ones to catch a decent one. Spearing is a good option.

As for driving through the channel...I wouldn't, but I don't reccomend driving on Sylvia.

i wish i could help, but i have not been able to get there all winter, which is sad when you have a cabin on the lake

I fish lake sylvia everyday from ice on till ice off. I have been driving through the channel for a month. There is no moving water through the channel, so it is probably the safest ice on the lake. There is a pressure ridge on the west end of the narrows on the north shore though. Just stay to the south on the west end and you will be fine.

hows the fishing been? Is there alot of permandents on the lake as well?

Duckman,

Your initials wouldn't happen to be JJ?

Weener,

Yes they are. Do I know you?

We've met a couple times. My dad is Lanny. Check your PM

Nevermind....I can't figure out how to PM on this board.

the pms are shut off right now

duckman hows the fishing been out on sylvia this year? I don't know if you remember me byt we fished together on the east lake last spring, my grandparents used to own the hardware store in southhaven if that helps.

scott

mike i heard using urolarva and jiggin is catchin few walleyes

ya know, this lake holds some nice eyes. Everytime i was throwing a jigworm for largies, you would catch a few eye but everyone that you caught was big.

I caught two 24 inchers the other day... But yet I haven't caught a thing since. I cannot find any consistency on that lake!