Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eyecatcher

Safe Ice

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I have fished the river plenty in the open water season but never ventured out in the winter! Any way I was wondering if areas i fished then would be safe now like by the catfish bar and south of there on the minnesota side? any info would be helpful I have a snowmobile so that may help me on my ventures. Thanks in advance guys and gals

p.s. i suppose the kinni area is not safe

I fish that area every winter, haven't ventured out there this winter yet though. I know the area we fish the ice changes pretty quickly, so be carefull.

Thanks worm i will be careful forsure! gonna go check it out this wknd

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• tacklejunkie
       I hope it warms up this week so I can get the boat out again.  Mice or squirrels or chipmunks chewed a beautiful hole into my live well hoses so I had a good leak going on but it's fixed now.    Now I'm just waiting for some warmer weather
    • JerkinLips
      Cliff - why do they quit taking spawn when they haven't filled up to capacity, and the spawn is still active?  Years ago my dad was convinced that the DNR took adult walleyes out of Vermilion and transferred them to other lakes; do you think that ever occurred?  The hatchery is beneficial to Vermilion and other lakes, but why do they plant fry in lakes where they have no chance of reproducing?  Aren't there enough lakes where they can reproduce to some extent to plant them in?
    • TNtoMN_HuntFish
        Well it didn't take long for "that guy" to show up.    It shouldn't be too difficult to understand why I'd rather fish for trout than buy them at the store...   Do they holdover though? I thought that was a lake stocked right before freeze up and then all but completely fished out after the Winter opener. 
    • eyeguy 54
        when dont you look odd? ? ?    got ya
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      The walleyes that spawn at the Pike River dam are supposedly only about 5% to 8% of the walleyes that spawn on Vermilion. The rest spawn in other rivers, creeks, reefs. and  on shorelines. Cliff