Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandmannd

Would you pull the trigger on this?

12 posts in this topic

Posted this under snomobiles, but thought I might get better response here.

Laptop for Sled trade.

If it feels right to you, thats what matters.

What is the laptop worth? Which do you need more?

Equiring minds want to know........

A recent laptop is worth around $ 300 and up, if the sled is a runner, I would say it's a fair trade.

This is probably around a year and half old laptop. I don't need it, I have a few of them. It's had the RAM beefed up to 1.5 gigs, has a 2 gig processor and 60 gig Hard Drive. Built in wireless as well. It comes with Windows XP and also Office XP with Frontpage ($400 value). I estimaged getting a sled or wheeler between $700 & $1000 for it. IT's not new but has little use and should last the average user a few year. They sell for $600 on ebay for this model with no office on them.

I have a lead on another sled as this one isn't read yet. Here's the scoop on it. Which one would you go for. More for ice fishing than anything but trails wouldn't be bad either.

1996 POLARIS ultra, triple, ONLY 2600 AND SOME CHANGE MILES ON IT. i GOT IT IN A BARTER, BUT HAVE LOST INTEREST IN IT. GOOD TRACK, AND AFTERMARKET SKI'S. FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN IT IS A BARGAIN. It was sitting since 2002. I HAVE IT REGISTERED TILL 2010, AND I WILL GIVE YOU THE TRAIL PASS I HAVE FOR SCOTT COUNTY, ALSO GOOD TILL 2010.

polaris1.jpg

polaris2.jpg

Being a life long Polaris owner I would stay away from the Ultra's.

Although it may be worth the Laptop!

i had a 97 ultra very heavy but fast, not the best sled for going slow pulling a shack i think it will load up & fowl the plugs. just my $.02

Originally Posted By: ChompChomp_YANK
i had a 97 ultra very heavy but fast, not the best sled for going slow pulling a shack i think it will load up & fowl the plugs. just my $.02

I would concur here...i dont think a triple in general is a good ice fishing sled due to the slow speeds and fouling.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone recommend the Polaris Triples.

vikingmeatwad, you will hear lots of guys recommend the XLT's but not the Ultra's. I'm a Cat guy, but in my opinion the XLT's were good sleds from what I saw. The Ultra on the other hand was a big pile of manure!!!

XLT's are aweseome..... just a little to heavy and you don't need the extra cyllinder for icefishing!

i have a xlt i love the sled other than the fact it weighs as much as a cow, but its way fast and i never had a problem with it. i have taken it ice fishing a couple times and going slow is not good for the triples, they load up and start missing, if this happens just go wide open for a while without pulling and you should be fine