Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gerding5

best place to rent sleeper house for 3 dayson upper red?

8 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone knows a good place to rent a house from?

p.s. how have they been doing out of westwind resort?

Waskish Minnow Station, best place, I wouldn't rent from anyone else. Thats with Kelly P and Jonny P

I second Raveling outdoors. I have a second trip of the season planned for Feb. They have taken very good care of us.

Chad

I would have to say West Wind just because the fact that i just got back from renting a sleeper from them over the weekend and not only did we catch about 75 walleyes a day once we knew that we wouldn’t have a problem catching them we wanted to take are portables out and look for some crappies but did not know where to start looking. After talking to Scott the guy from the West wind crew that made sure we were doing ok sent us to a spot about 5 miles out we managed to run into 5 real nice crappies. Not only that you can run right in to the bar for food and drinks when ever you want.

From what I hear everyone that guides up there works hard to keep their people happy. I know they dont let the grumpy post go through but I am sure you will be in good hands with an experienced vet of the lake. they all want you to catch fish. I will still go to west winds or Hillmans for the NEW BBQ!! I will be there on the 15-18 of Feb for the second run of the year. First time marked alot of fish but hadnt heard of the jigging...dead stick gig. Put it this way I jigged my [PoorWordUsage] off and almost got goofy staring at that Vexilar so intensely just to see them swim away to the next door neighbor to grab that bait that is not jigging. I am going to fish my [PoorWordUsage] off this time. Tanks of auger gas. I will find me some nice craps.......I pray the weather allows it.

I would say that with John's and Kelly P's knowledge of the lake make them #1 in my book. I have rented from 3 different guide/sleeper rentals and by far both my wife and I feel you get the best from Kelly and John!! Anytime up there when the fish are on it is great. I love waking up and wondering where the night went as I was up pulling in Rattle Reels all night long!!

I agree I have rented from Kelly and Patsy for about 6 years now. I have enjoyed every trip I have taken up to URL. They have always shown me and my buddies a great time. I always catch my limit and help my friends out with theirs. Their houses are always ready and waiting for you to come and fish. Get ahold of them early because you won't get a house because they will be rented for the season. They also rent them out during the open water season I think.Anyway I have my trip planned for later in Feb I can't wait. One of these times I need to hit shore to maybe toss back a couple with the gang at a local establishment. grin.gif

Rip Lips

Pat D