Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
nels824

Thanks for the pull

nels824

Would like to thank the gentelman who pulled me to shore on sat. I was out sat. morning catching some eyes and when the bit slowed down I decided to head in and to my surprise the pickup didn't start. So I looked around to find the closest pickup (about 150 yards) and started walking. Kocked on the door to find 3 guys having breakfast, told them my problem and they decided to help me get back to the cabin which was about a mile away. So just wanted to put up a BIG thanks again and if I catch you out again I will get you that case of Bud Light.

JeffS

No problem at all, I was happy to do it. Don't worry about the beverages, it's no big deal. I'm glad to hear you made it off the lake all right.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• merc
      Was up on Big Bow last week. Pulled three trucks out that were stuck. Not easy getting around off the roads. We went out of Geigers and he has a nice road where you can get off and fish. Fishing was not good though we didn't try going cross country to our normal spots. Good luck!!
    • eyeguy 54
      nills 8 inch is 8 I think.  would be great for pike. less torque required. 
    • eyeguy 54
      wow! talk about service. called marine general in duluth yesterday and its on my step this morning!  drill trigger is at chest level so should be dandy.  
    • lawman
      OK, I may not be the most nimble guy in the outdoor world but for the life of me i can't apply those little yellow plastic bobber stops I bought at the Sports Show this past weekend. I ruined a dozen of them just practicing. Anybody else have the same problem? I know you have to be gently and not crush the little buggers. What am I doing wrong?
    • mrpike1973
      As you know I have the 6 inch K Drill after loosing 3 of the biggest pike iv'e seen this weekend not being able to get them up the hole. I need a bigger auger for pike. I have a 7 inch mora hand auger and ordered a plate. Will this work OK or should I get the 8 inch K-drill the width is 7 1/2 inches. I'm willing to spend the $230 for the 8 inch if recommended. My wrists just can't take the 8 inch K drill or Mora drill only was able to use someone else's for a short bit. Worried the Mora will ruin the drill long term. Thanks
    • Borch
      I've always just used electrical tape.  It stretches and forms to the reel foot and rod handle.  Usually stays secure and sheds water.  I don't switch reels often so taking the tape off is not a big issue for me.
    • AlwaysFishing23
      Agreed a buddy of mine uses the little green bands from bait shops for minnow bags very stiff but hold reels on very secure. Personally I don’t like rods that have to have reels taped on just because I like trying new reels with rods and I’m always switching things around.
    • busse3775
      You can get around anywhere on Ottertail. I have been out there the past couple weekends and we currently have 20"+ of ice. It is a little rough and some deeper snow drifts but you shouldn't have a problem. A lot of houses and traffic on the lake. 
    • Wanderer
      Ditto this. ^^^^.  Plus they eventually crack and break.
    • AlwaysFishing23
      Mike, the clam bar is going to be your best bet. But I run the troo shine strip lights in my one man flip. There great super bright and have sticky tape on them to connect to a pole. The clam light bar is about same in price maybe a bit more but extremely bright and can be mounted in your poles. I also have the clam sled lights on mine to not as bright but helps light up the ice in front for fishing or the sled or both. Hope that helps 
  • Share & Have Fun