• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

GOOD FISHING DURING COLD SNAP

ROGERATADRIANS

THE REPORT OUT OF ADRIANS WAS VERY GOOD FOR THE WEATHER OUR HOUSES DID VERY WELL IN 34 FT PLUS MOST OF THE WALLEYES CAME 12 TO 15 FT OFF BOTTOM THE BROWN GUYS WERE ON THE BOTTOM BUT I WOULD SAY OVERALL A GOOD BITE

Just got back from LOW. Used Adrians roads and fished out of Snobies ice houses. Just as Adrian stated Walters were high and saugers and pouts on the bottom. Extremely cold outside but Snobies did us great checked in on us every couple of hours (wished more as dad caught a fish everytime they showed up :)). Lots of small fish but kept enough eaters for a great meal. Red glow fat boy was our main lure with a plain gold hook and shiner for a dead stick. Was active all day till 3:00 then they really just stopped. All in all great trip.

Swabby

Swabby: Glad to hear you had a good trip and thanks for posting your results. Darren and Baron are a couple of real great guys. They headquarter out of Riverbend and they spent a lot of time last week when I was there moving houses. IN fact Baron screwed up his shoulder on Wed, hope he's back at full tilt. Good luck and hang on. Bill

Hey Bill,

What is the connection with Snobies and Riverbend? Are they extra houses that they partner with Charlie or what? I noticed them last trip up and never asked, just thought they were a club or something?

thebuck: The Snobies headquarter out of Riverbend and have thier clients meet them there. they are two seperate operations but work together regarding roads etc. If one is filled up the other will take the overflow if they have room also. Riverbend does not do their booking for them however that goes directly through Baron or Darren. They are really class guys.

three years ago my wife and I were 26 miles up the lake on the reefs. ON the way out that night our bomber came up with a dead coil wire, we were basically dead in, I mean on the water without any way back. Our operator/guide called Darren and he brought both of his bombers over and transported the 8 of us back to Riverbend along with his own clients. They will travel toghether more than one bomber just for this reason. They work hard just like Charlie and his people to stay on fish.

Are you headed back up in the future? Bill

Bill,

I hope to make it up that way atleast one more time if I can find a time. Got a son getting married in Mexico next month so that takes up alot of the time.

I was thinking about the "flats" with Snobies sounds like a good time out that far. Is the flats better earlier or later in the season just in case I need to plan for next year.

Thanks

Swabby

retswabby: I have fished the reefs up north late Feb thru late March and found the fishing good on both trips. The downside to late March is an early spring melt which could make it tough to get up that way. If I had to chose though I would shoot for late March. My plan for right now is March 20,21, and 22nd. The reservations are made. Bill

Bill,

I'm hoping to get back up there the same time in March as you are going. Still planning on having my wife sub in your office so I can go. We will probably stop by in the next few weeks and firm up that arrangement. Last time I was at the "Bend" I got shutout on the last day. I figure Charlie will put me on a good spot next time! I've never fished late in March but have heard it is real good. I'm looking forward to it!

Its a good month to be up there for sure. It can really be interesting depending on the weather. Several years ago we were in water half way up the bomber tracks going over Pine. The snow melt happened fast. I've got pictures of it, a little eerie driving along wondering if there really is ice under that water.

I talked to Ted Andreason a retired agent about March as well, he has worked for me in the past. He is also available so between Ted and Tina I should be good to go for those two days.

My youngest son is headed up late Feb to keep that reservation, I have them set up a year in advance, with a couple of buddies, They should have a good trip as well. two of his buds are rookies to the lake so they will definitley enjoy the trip. Talk soon, Bill

PS Not in my office Wed afternoons, or Fridays...sounds like I'm already retired 'eh.

Just got back we fished tues.-thurs fishing was slow on tuesday but the other two days were excellent!Rented a house from a guy a friend told me about great service and cheap only 25$ a day!We caught more saugers than eyes.Most fish were in the 14-17 inch range threw back alot of dinks also had one 24 inch eye that went back. We were fishing in 32 ft of water had to really work the fish to get them to bite the jig and most times when they didn't hit it on the way back down they took the dead stix. I can't wait to go back again!

Hello, What was the temporary booth that was set up at the last point exiting Adrian's Road? Creel census, game check? Just wondering. The fellow there just waved me through.

Rackaholic,

Can you give me any info on who you rented the house from?? Like where are the rentals at on the lake?

Mike,

They are the new winter census booths. They guy counts some

of the fish but when it gets busy they just count cars.

Fish Slayer I'm not sure on what the policy is about listing names??We were north of Pine Island on adrian's road I never checked the miles get into 32-34 ft of water and stay away from the crowds.

Thanks rackaholic i will try that and give a report when i get back next week. If you want send me an email of who you rented the house from at [email protected]. Thanks Kyle