• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

pictures of fly boxes

Andrew Erickson

Originally Posted By: Nymph
onthejob2

The 3 crayfish in the upper left of the first picture look great. Do you have a pattern for them? I have been looking around for a good pattern and have yet to find one I like.

Great looking flies!

If you are willing to share the pattern recipe, would you mind posting on the Fly Pattern thread ? Thank you!

Got a new Cliff's Bugger Barn last month for my xmas present. Filled it with carp flies over the past couple weeks, tying for a few hours over several nights.

carpboxnf8.jpg

You've been a tying machine DeadHead!

Nice to see everyones flies to get new ideas rolling around. Same old's get rather stale. Some really nice boxes I'd like to get my hands on. ;\) Some really good tyers on this board.

Might post some of the musky flies I've been working on as of late. Otherwise my flies seem to pale in comparison. That's alright, still seem to catch.

Fly tying has gained momentum in the last couple weeks...the cold weather needs to go!

Marc have you started tying with the mylar/flashabou from walmart yet? Funny thing is that after I took the picture of the bugger barn, I re-org'd the flies in the box and squeezed over another dozen in there. Now it is really stuffed, though I don't have all the flies I want for carp in there tied yet. I might have to get another barn!

Not yet...got a package of christmas tree tinsel that's almost exactly like flashabou (just as flimsy), hopefully it will last. Couple ideas rolling around on how to use it, but haven't tied anything with it yet.

Mostly been tying double bunnies that run about 8 inches with flashabou, and rubber legs. Would like to add a stinger attached to the hook bend since I hear a lot of fish hit just the tail end of the fly.

yeah, the 50 lb powerpro is good material for the stinger. I would reccomend tying in a loop, like we talked about this winter, and connect the trailer hook with a friendship (loop to loop) connection. I like the ability of being able to remove the stinger hook.

you're double bunnies sound interesting, you might need to post a pic.

Originally Posted By: Craig_S
This is an awsome thread.

But - I need moRE PICTURES grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Craig

I need moRE BOXES grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Originally Posted By: DEADhead
yeah, the 50 lb powerpro is good material for the stinger.

You might want to consider using wire if you're tying stuff specifically for the toothy (Critters)

Untitled-1.jpg

Anyone else see these in Onethejob2 fly box and think about lunker browns on the Bois Brule???

Originally Posted By: I'llTakeWhatiCanGet

You might want to consider using wire if you're tying stuff specifically for the toothy bastards

porter the powerpro is a braid and very abrasion resistant. It is better than wire and hard mono/fluoro because it is still flexible.

Yeah when I saw those mice I was thinking of monsters of the night!

Here's some pics of the latest creations....still a few more in the works - Pulgisi Fiber baitfish flies, and epoxy heads - these are mainly just the double bunnies.

Tied doubles of each. One with 1/4 ounce weight, and the other non-weighted.

P1010463.jpg

P1010466.jpg

P1010469.jpg

P1010470.jpg

Can't wait to see what this fly looks like in the water. Basically a Deceiver pattern with a few other things mixed in.

P1010467.jpg

See the need for a trailer! \:\)

If anyone is wondering, the top part of the shank is left bare so that a pliers can be used to take them out without destroying the fly.

Originally Posted By: so haaad
Looks like some good patterns for the Croix!

That, and a couple less known haunts around the cities were musky are present. No launch/motorized either, so pressure is a little less...think catching one on the fly will be a little better.

Have some 3/0 foam popper/chugger/BLASTER bodies in the mail too. Can't wait to get them to tie 'em up.

Don't know if I find more enjoyment catching fish on the flies I tie, or dreaming about the possibilities.

Originally Posted By: -Marc V-

Don't know if I find more enjoyment catching fish on the flies I tie, or dreaming about the possibilities.

I know what you mean. Every fish has the potential to be a monster!

We'll have to hit the Croix together this summer.

Originally Posted By: so haaad

We'll have to hit the Croix together this summer.

Sounds good Haad!

Made it out yesterday for a couple hours winter catch and releasing for trouts. It was good to be out, and casting again. Little rust developed over the last few months. Trout were pretty selective, and I wasn't willing to deviate from a black leech. Saw a couple midges, a stone fly, but only one aggressive rise. Would have thought it was taking a caddis.

Really looking forward to warm water flying again!

• 3 weeks later...

The top box! 75% new.

Bonesflies08.jpg

I'm done. 125 new ones, 3 other boxes to stuff in other bags. Something should get through!

Taking to the sky on the 19th. Will report.

Craig