Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pumper317

eagle lake, maple grove

8 posts in this topic

is anyone catching crappies in this lake? I was out there a month ago and caught fish. I am going there tonight with a buddy who has never ice fished before. We are heading out at about 6ish, so it will be later. Any news is good news thanks.

what is the ice like I am heading out tomorrow. Are there really walters in here? Says so on the lake map, but I find it hard to believe.

i guess there is a few... but i have only fished the lake once, and all we got were crappies, and small ones at that.

i went out the other day out in front the park in the south bay and got about 30 small crappies not one over 9" but i have heard about wallys in that lake but never caught one but my friend caught a small one last year fishing of a dock but that is it

I heard years ago it was a good walleye lake. This was 10 yrs ago. Cripes I'm old. Any ways, it's a good bass and ski lake. I haven't checked the stocking reports on eyes though.

Here's what the DNR said bout Eagle

Status of the Fishery (as of 07/12/2004)

Currently, walleye abundance in Eagle Lake is down from previous surveys. The last survey completed in 2001 had about 7 walleye per gill net, but 70% of these fish were from one year class, 1996, when over 4,000 fingerling walleye were stocked. None of these fish were observed in this survey. Five age-1 walleye were captured and subsequent sampling should determine whether this year class is present in any numbers. Unlike the walleye population, northern pike are abundant and good-sized in Eagle Lake. A large number of these fish are 3 years old, over 28 inches long, and in fairly good condition (Wr=95). Although no muskies were sampled during this survey, spring electrofishing crews noticed over 10 large muskies located in shallow water. Bluegill and yellow perch in Eagle Lake are abundant, but primarily small. A majority of these fish are under 7 inches. Black crappie are not as abundant as bluegill or yellow perch, and have a little larger size. Most individuals are over 7.5 inches TL and average about a quarter a pound in weight. Largemouth bass were also sampled, but most were small individuals less than 8 inches TL. Growth of all fishes appeared to be average for this lake type.

Yes there are Walleyes in Eagle. I have fished it both summer and winter and caught them both seasons. They are well fed due to the perch in the lake so tuff to catch. Last summer, I was running Berkley Gulp leeches (testing) and caught 3 on the north end in about 15 feet of water. Winter has been in 22 feet east shoreline with just minnow head and a smaller size jigging spoon. Seems to be better for walleyes in the evening for some reason. Good Luck

hey faner

how often do u get them out there are they of n e size ice fishing?