Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
pumper317

eagle lake, maple grove

pumper317

is anyone catching crappies in this lake? I was out there a month ago and caught fish. I am going there tonight with a buddy who has never ice fished before. We are heading out at about 6ish, so it will be later. Any news is good news thanks.

Kickin Bass

what is the ice like I am heading out tomorrow. Are there really walters in here? Says so on the lake map, but I find it hard to believe.

pumper317

i guess there is a few... but i have only fished the lake once, and all we got were crappies, and small ones at that.

evinrude19

i went out the other day out in front the park in the south bay and got about 30 small crappies not one over 9" but i have heard about wallys in that lake but never caught one but my friend caught a small one last year fishing of a dock but that is it

EBass

I heard years ago it was a good walleye lake. This was 10 yrs ago. Cripes I'm old. Any ways, it's a good bass and ski lake. I haven't checked the stocking reports on eyes though.

EBass

Here's what the DNR said bout Eagle

Status of the Fishery (as of 07/12/2004)

Currently, walleye abundance in Eagle Lake is down from previous surveys. The last survey completed in 2001 had about 7 walleye per gill net, but 70% of these fish were from one year class, 1996, when over 4,000 fingerling walleye were stocked. None of these fish were observed in this survey. Five age-1 walleye were captured and subsequent sampling should determine whether this year class is present in any numbers. Unlike the walleye population, northern pike are abundant and good-sized in Eagle Lake. A large number of these fish are 3 years old, over 28 inches long, and in fairly good condition (Wr=95). Although no muskies were sampled during this survey, spring electrofishing crews noticed over 10 large muskies located in shallow water. Bluegill and yellow perch in Eagle Lake are abundant, but primarily small. A majority of these fish are under 7 inches. Black crappie are not as abundant as bluegill or yellow perch, and have a little larger size. Most individuals are over 7.5 inches TL and average about a quarter a pound in weight. Largemouth bass were also sampled, but most were small individuals less than 8 inches TL. Growth of all fishes appeared to be average for this lake type.

Faner50

Yes there are Walleyes in Eagle. I have fished it both summer and winter and caught them both seasons. They are well fed due to the perch in the lake so tuff to catch. Last summer, I was running Berkley Gulp leeches (testing) and caught 3 on the north end in about 15 feet of water. Winter has been in 22 feet east shoreline with just minnow head and a smaller size jigging spoon. Seems to be better for walleyes in the evening for some reason. Good Luck

evinrude19

hey faner

how often do u get them out there are they of n e size ice fishing?