Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kylersk

Heading up to Otter Tail next weekend..

2 posts in this topic

Where's a good place to head out from? Are there roads on the lake? Any tips are greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance.

Threre are basically three basic places to head out on. Graystone restaraunt on the west end, Riveira public access on the NE side off CR #1, and the Pelican Bay public access on the east side on State #78.

I have been out of Graystone back in December before the ice was good. Usually there are some roads plowed out to some of the fish house clusters. Graystone has a voluntary pay box.

I went out of Pelican a little over a week ago. There was a pretty good path out to the first group of houses, but trucks were freelancing all over the place. The ice at that time was 14-15 inches.

With this cold, I would venture that some more ice was made.

Prior to the last warm up, the the lake had a heavy snow load and there were some big slush fields. The ice thickness was very incosistant.

For tips, I would get you bait at Ken's tackle on the west end, and they are very good at getting you started in the right spots.

Good luck!