Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jakemcarroll

Hanska

14 posts in this topic

I have heard some good things about this lake and wanted to give it a try, but I looked on the DNR lake finder and couldn't find a lake map, The lake looks pretty long and skinny, what is there for depth and structure on this lake? thanks!

Jake,

Do a search in this forum on "Lake Hanska". You will be pleasently surprised with the amount of information.

I tried to search 4 it but i didnt find anything

Other wise just look under my profile at my post you should run into some info!!! ;\)

Deltahunter, we need to throw a plan together for a trip to tackle hanska still this year, maybe we can do better than last years day of empty holes.

I'm up for it!! But I won't be hitting the lake until Feb. only because I'm heading up to the big pond this weekend! I have a couple of couples that we can hit this year that we didn't last year!

According to a book of maps i purchased the bulk of the lake is between 5 and 7 feet, except the southeast end runs between 10 and 16 feet with a max depth of 16 feet.

Welcome aboard Travis!

Lake hanska has quite a bit of structure. It is all man made. It went thru a couple different dredgings a few years back.

I fish the lake often, but don't know it that well yet. Not like deltahunter, riverrat, and few others.

Unfortunately the walleye bite, has slowed to a trickle after the thaw a few weeks ago. And a trickle is putting it mildly!

No map avalable now shows all the structure after the dredging was completed. I've seen a map of the east end, and believe it is somewhat accurate. But sense the map was made a lot more dredging had been done west of the co. park. And no maps are avalable for the west end at all. At least I have not been able to find any. And I have looked. I even talked to some guys that worked the dredge hoping to find even a dredge guide map. But so far I have struck out.

The lake has 2 airation systems. 1 on the east end out from the co. park, and the other on godahl point towards the west end. I have not been out there for a few days, but did hear that the one at godahl has been turned on. Not sure about the east end thou.

Anything at all happening over there on Hanska? Delta? Any updates?

My wife is taking off for the weekend and I am looking for a place to take my two boys (7 & 3) for a weekend of living on the ice and hopefully put a couple of eyes in the bucket.

If not Hanska, anyone have some other ideas?

Thanks

During this cold snap the eyes seem to really slow down out there!! But don't get me wrong if you get out there and fish you will more than likely catch some, by some I mean a one here or there! The only thing I can tell you is that if you get the time to get out there and find some structure to fish where no one else is around you will probably have some luck! If you fish by the crowds you will more than likely be looking at your holes for hours without a bit or one or two bites. It is really slow this time a year! If you want more info shoot me an email at jkamrath@hotmail.com! I will try to point you in the right direction!!!

Those great Hanska bullheads won't let you go home without a bite.

I haven't caught a bullhead for awhile out there; is there still a lot around?

I have only caught maybe a handful of bullheads this winter, I've been fishing out there since the begining of December!