• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Packers lose in Overtime

Scott M

Stunning.

I really feel for the Packers and specifically Brett Favre.

This is shades of Vikings-Atlanta on 1/17/1999. It hurts really bad. Overtime loss when favored at home. Lots of similarities

Best of luck to NY against NE in the Super Bowl is all you can say. A rematch of Week 17.

I can't wait for the commercials, I don't think the Giants will make much of a game. As much as I hate to say it, I really think the pack would have been a tougher matchup for the Patriots. eeeewwwww, I think I just tasted some throw up in my mouth.....yuk I just said something nice about the Packers.

All I can say is THANK GOD!! I dont think I could have listened to two weeks of favre vs brady, blah, blah blah. Eli Manning is my new hero.

More prof that there is indeed a GOD! and in july when I go to michigan for the salmon run I won't have to listen to it.

Good luck next year Vikings fans...you'll need it...although you've had about a month more to prepare. grin.gif

One thing I did get from that game was the clarification on why I am glad the Vikes still have the dome. You can't tell me that that could be real enjoyable... sitting on each others laps with full winter gear on. I love the big marshmallow for that reason alone!

This doesnt compare to the loss to the dirty birds IMO. First off, we had 1 loss all year, our kicker hadnt missed all year, then he misses 2 short kicks. Plus, we had a shot to win the SB. Nobody is going to beat the Pats.

Superbowl, homeboy...

Originally Posted By: muc33
One thing I did get from that game was the clarification on why I am glad the Vikes still have the dome. You can't tell me that that could be real enjoyable... sitting on each others laps with full winter gear on. I love the big marshmallow for that reason alone!

Did you see Coghlin's face? WOWEE! Get that guy a face mask. He looked bad on the field and then in the post game interview he looked even worse.

You are right, the Dome would be more comfortable on days like this. Nobody would get frost bite in there.

i just dont understand how the G's are in the superbowl. There the last team that i would have said would make it to the bowl. But i wish them the best of luck on working on the upset

Originally Posted By: Bass N Spear
i just dont understand how the G's are in the superbowl. There the last team that i would have said would make it to the bowl. But i wish them the best of luck on working on the upset

Yup, it was kind of suprising that the same guy who threw 5 int's against the Vikes didn't throw one all through the play-offs. I didn't think they would beat Dallas and I definitely didn't think they were going to go into Lambeau and beat the Pack. I was amazed. I really thought the Pack was going to smoke them, especially in the frigid weather. Goes to show what I know crazy.gifgrin.gif

As a Bear fan I was happy to see it happen. Pretty high scoring for the weather though. I just think they abandoned the running game too soon, too many 3 and outs. In weather like that you have to run, run and run some more. As for the dome, I like the elements. I've spent many a Sunday in 0 to sub-0 in Soldiers Field and wouldn't trade one. Next thing you guys are gonna build a dome for Ice Fishing. lol.

Oh well, Try again next year. I wouldn't say the Giants were the better team, but they were the better team yesterday. Still a pretty good season for the youngest team in the NFL.

What were the Pack/vikings scores again??????

Surprisingly, Eli was the better quarterback last night. Farve looked like he was freezing his butt off while the cold didn't seam to bother Eli.

Coughlin should do a commercial for Vaseline as I think he had about a whole jar of it on his face.

The talented Eli came to play last night, and that was the key difference in the game. If the stumblebum Eli had shown up, the result would have been different.

For all the celebration about the cold weather advantage for the Pack, the weather didn't seem to give either team a worse time than the other.

The Pack wasn't going to beat New England anyway, but one more win sure would have been a great cap to a wonderful comeback season for Brett Favre.

That was a tough loss, and I wish the G-Men luck on the 3rd. It seemed to me that the Packers got away from what had been working all season. Where were the 10 yard crossing routes? Where was the running game? Why was the screen not working? Where were the hard hitting CB's?

Maybe they saw something on film that led them to believe those little flare passes could work or they needed to give Burress 8-10 yards to get off the line. Sure wish the outcome would have been different, but we do have the youngest team in the NFL and will be contenders again next year, Favre or not. Go Pack!

The Giants have a better chance to win the Super Bowl, being they are not playing at home....

The Giants D stopped the short passing game and the run. Favre tried to be the hero on some poorly thrown balls.

The Giants messed up a lot too. If they wouldn't of, it could have been worse for the Pack. But, a loss is a loss.

The Pack and the Vikes both have young teams. I just hope Brett doesn't keep his name in the news with "Will I retire or not". Just say "yes" or "no".

But, it could be the gutter for both teams next year. Just look at the Bears....

Originally Posted By: caseymcq

Did you see Coghlin's face? WOWEE! Get that guy a face mask. He looked bad on the field and then in the post game interview he looked even worse.

LMAO!!!! I came to this thread just to see if anyone mentioned his face! That's just funny!

I don't think anything that went on yesterday was a surprise. It wasnt a surprise that the pack couldnt run the ball against a good run defense. It wasnt a surprise to see Burress go off. Al Harris is a good corner but he is not shut down corner. He looked lost yesterday just as he always does against superior recievers. Shut down corners don't get picked on and thats what went on yesterday. It wasnt a surprise that the giants won. I mean there about as good on the road as any team has ever been. And i'm sure i'll get crucified for this but i sent my friend a text message at halftime saying a Favre INT would give the game to the giants. The guy is a great QB but lets face it, his MO in the last 10 years worth of playoff games is INT's and the lack of ability to lead his team to victory. How many opportunities in the 4th quarter and overtime did he have to rise up and take his team to Arizona?

What was the Vikings/Giants score on there game? I just wish that I had owned some stock on the Kleenex industry especially in Wisconsin, lots of tears in there beers...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Get the guy a face mask. He look like he had frostbite before the game even started.

Its a bummer to see the Pack loose. Putting aside my deep hatred for them I would love to see a NFC north team make it.

Then to my other point, how in the world did the G men make it all the way. Anyone also notice that after Shockee got hurt Manning seemed to get better. He was his "Go to" man and after you get him out of there he has to go to other guys.

Oh well, lets hope the better team wins.

Favre is a great quarterback...but he makes a lot of mistakes too.

He likes to take chances, which makes or breaks him.

Yesterday, it broke him.

It's probably worth mentioning that the Pack's O-line wasn't opening holes for Grant, either. When he did find a seam or two he was able to get into the defensive backfield for OK gains, but the Giants did a great job of stopping up the line of scrimmage. That removed a big key to the Packers' offense and forced them to pass, pass, pass. Just what the Giants wanted.

When I saw that interception just into overtime I knew it was over. The only silver lining I see is that I won't have any reason to sit through what has become one of the biggest pieces of spectacle and foolishness in the modern television world: The Super Bowl.

stfcatfish, I couldnt agree more, I will not be watching the game either. If the packers would have made it, it would have given me a reason. It will just mean more time to fish!

Originally Posted By: Wade Joseph
What were the Pack/vikings scores again??????

I will give you a simple combined recap for both games.

Pack - Too much

Vikes - Not enough

I would have to say watching Adrian Peterson this year was more exciting than any other single player in the league.

If the Vikes get a quarterback they will be a force to be reconed with grin.gif