• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

5th wheel / shorter bed

fishing 101

Question

On the 1/2 crews with the 5'8" box's, do they make a hitch so you can pull a 5th wheel camper? I have an '04 chevy 1500 crew.

I know this should probably be in the camper section, but figure nobody is looking in that this time of year.

5 answers to this question

Do a google search for superGlide hitch. It has a cam in it and when you turn the hitch moves back about 14" so you don't have to worry about wiping out a corner of the pickup cab when backing up. There are cheaper models that you have to get out and pull pins and then pull ahead to move the hitch back.

I have one of the cheaper models, its a pain in the butt, spend the money for the super glide model. Just my opinion.

I have a Reese 16k sliding 5th wheel hitch. It works good. You just need to get out and pull the lever to slide it when you're in tight turning situations.

I found one on the net that slides 22 3/4". That is the only one I found anywhere. I am going to ask the local RV dealer what he recommends.

You guys are using these on the real short crew cab box beds?