Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chrismackmn

Rush, Linwood or Coon....which one shall it be?

13 posts in this topic

I am leaning towards Rush but I have never been on the lake. Linwood is nice and close and is a decent lake. I don't know Coon very well but I heard it is ok. Any input would help a lot.

Thanks

the best overall fishery in my opionion is rush lake. everything you could want is right there. what does everyone else think.

Coon and Linwood are also very close to me but in the past have never been poductive for me.. I would make the drive to rush anyday before trying those 2. Just my .02

Have not fished Linwood or Coon this year but was out on W. Rush on Sunday. Caught a few smaller crappies and saw tons on the camera, but couldn't get the bigger ones to bite. I was just wondering if anyone was having any luck tip-up fishing for pike on Coon? Are they biting by the access and are they in deeper water or still up shallow? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

well....I got a late start so I didn't venture to Rush. I headed out to Linwood and it wasn't great. I have realized if the goal to fishing is to catch the smallest fish possible, then I would retire the greatest fisherman ever. I swear, small fish are attracted to me. I have bought bigger shiners then the perch, bluegills and crappies I caught today. My buddy was laughing at how small the little fish I got. At least it was something and a bad day fishing was better then being at work. This weekend I am going to try Rush. Should I just head out from one of the resorts on the east side?

Thanks

LOL- well at least you were not at work like the rest of us!

Rush is a great fishery... both lakes hold fish, but west seems to be hit harder in the winter than East as it has more structue...

I would hit west rush, and hit the sharp breaks.. If after crappies, hit the deeper holes and look for suspended fish. If after bluegills hit the deeper flats, same with the perch...

walleyes, hit the sharp drops at sun up and sun down.

Are they driving on these lakes now?

Yes, many are. However, ice is never to be considered safe.

Hey thanks for the advise... Anyway went to Coon absolutley nothing biting, went with teen son and had good time discussing the...(his world things) but got cold fingers LOL. Ok I'm going north and put breakfast on the ice.

Thanks for the tips Deitz....

Het Deitz anything goin on So Center?

Rush has been an absolute circus on the weekends. Stay away from the crowds and all the racket and you should do just fine. Alot of the structure areas have 15- 20 fish houses over them which tends to attract crowds. I have been fishing some of the more average structure comparatively speaking and have been finding a few crappies. I am the guy in the blue fish trap way off in the distance that makes you say: "I wonder if that guy is catching anything, does he know something that everyone else over here doesn't?"

I would say, Rush lake is the best lake. I personally dont like Lin and Coon lake much.