Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Buck_Hunter04

ICE??

5 posts in this topic

How's the ice situation on Mille Lacs now?? Is everyone driving out, or is there some cracks and bad spots forming?? Any information will be appreciated. Be up there next weekend just curious what to prepare for gear.

What side of lake are you planning on going out from?

East side, Probably out of Appeldorn's on saturday. Is it drivable off the roads without getting stuck with a truck??

I think you'd be okay. I took a 1/2 ton out on the south end by Eddy's near shore. About 18"

Also went to Garrison South Public Access. 14" at 3 Mile Flat, Headed 1.5 miles east, got out and remeasured. 11". Made me a little nervous, that and the snow drifts were crusty and occasional you'd break through to find a bigger snowdrift than you would have thought. I turned back and fished 3 mile (looked deserted...only saw like one auger hole)

You should be okay with Appeldorn's. Just remember the further out you go, the less thick the ice will be. Measure it every once in a while and be sure someone knows where you are going in case you get stuck.

Thanks for the update, I will plan accordingly. See ya out there somewhere.