Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
still_fishing

Elk Lake

3 posts in this topic

Anyone know anything about Elk lake near Clear Lake?

it is shollow 5 to 8ft across most of the lakes its got nice crappies,walleyes and pike if u know were to fish did good early this year but hven't been out your heard anything good latly

Correct, the lake is shallow. Not much for stucture. The Elk river goes through the lake, so the ice can vary in thickness. Be carefull where you go with vehicles, that is, if they are driving out. Avoid the inlet and outlet areas as the current is stronger there. Haven't been on the lake for about a month. Was out there at the end of Nov. and early Dec. and marked fish but they're finicky biters. Got one 30" northern first time out. Nothing since.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Avid Angler
      Thanks Gunner!
    • jkjkoda
      Well its final Next year Armstrong will Letter in Trap and Skeet!
      To Bad for the last four years of seniors who missed out due to policy and  political controversy
    • TNtoMN_HuntFish
      I never got around to scouting it, wish I would have. I spent a lot of time in Dunes and other small WMA scattered in the 601 zone to take advantage of the unlimited antlerless harvest. I know there is some good duck hunting to be had in Sherburne too if I can get away from the idiots. That seems to be a difficult task when waterfowl hunting within a 20 mile radius of the metro. 
    • Handsonthepole
      Lots of mayflies now.  Larvae were coming up two weeks ago and now good amounts of sheds on the water.  Fishing has been great for those willing to move around and find active fish.  Start looking to first reefs off islands and shorelines as fish are starting to move to them.  30ft for us was good. Leeches.  2-3ft snell.  Plain hook.  Caught quite a few yesterday.  Good size range.  Kabetogama
    • gunner55
      Besides there's 3 nice ramps there. 1 on the west, 2 to the east of the bridge.
    • icepike 1
      Good pretty good. Went out from the northwest side I think Garrison. Made our way to eight mile was able to go full-throttle the majority of the way but when the waves got too big has lower down. My buddy went looking for a drift sock but couldn't find one so we used a five-gallon bucket which work fairly well glad we had at least that. Well we are drifting it was perfectly fine but a pain in the butt trying to motor back up through the big waves. Then after some time sitting out there I had enough of sitting on those big waves and told my buddy that we needed to get closer to shore. The right back was very slow going and wet. Started to get a little concerned when my bilge pump stopped working and the back of my boat started to fill up especially when I was finally able to give it more throttle man the back of the boat was full of water but we made it back I got a new bilge pump and everything was all good quite the experience but I'll be back there again with my boat. And good thing we had back when we did there was barely any gas left in the tank. 
    • Jplante
      We are headed out in yaks from st cloud to clearwater, with clearwater outfitters. Was looking for some posts about the river, looks like it will be a pretty nice float from your pics
    • Poutwhacker
      Any new info on locations and bait preferences? Depths? Reefs? Minnows, worms or leeches? Heading up Saturday. Thanks
    • bassbouncer
      marty's heating 966-2393
    • leech~~
      Well better you found it now and not this weekend or you would be SOL fore sure being the 4th.  Nothing wrong with a good old lake bath though!  Good Luck.