Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ice fishing maniac

methodist

16 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone been out there this year I went out there last year but all we could catch was 8" walleyes very frusterating just curious if they got any bigger.

I think they went on a diet from last year. All we are catching this year is 6 to 7 inchers this year. Still better than sitting in front of the TV our working though!!

no kidding thats unbelieveable 3 years ago we pounded some really nice saugers they would slam your jiggin rap to beat heck i just dont understand what happened maybe the shad are to thick hopefully this cold weather will kill them shad off

The last 2 yaers have been tough down there, but the years before that when we had a permanent house down there we sure had some fun!! A couple of those years it seemed like you couldn't do anything but catch fish. hope your right with the cold weather!!

Where is Methodist?

Old Frontenac area

dude went out today and was just about to leave when they hit I managed 4 keeper saugers and one walleye caught my biggest sauger ever a fat 18" female it was in deed a blast we were in 21fow didnt mark a fish until 5pm there was at least 20 to 30 people out there we got away from the crowd

Was out there this morning and it was slooooow. I went out there with a few buddies and we only 3~~~8inch eyes up all morning. Tomorrow going to head over to Maiden Rock. Those boys are getting em, there just really tight lipped about it.

I was thinking the same exact thing about the "other side" of the river: any suggestions on where to go/what to do? This will be my 1st time over there...looking forward to something different. Since that season is open past the 24th, does the fishing continue to get better?

Whoops- now there will be 40-50 people at least in that area this weekend, and it will be even harder than it was for you to get bit. If you want to give depth, and presentation...awesome, very helpful.

you got that right went there today caught 1 8" sauger thats it me and 2 other people had the whole place to ourselves what a difference a day makes

Just wondering are they still going down there yet or is it over???

Sorry Sfishguy there are fish out there and yes you can find a bite but try to move away from the big group's do a little searching and who know's you might just find yourself on top of some nice fish. Good luck on your search. cool.gif

I hear the hot bite is in front of the Lake City Sportsmans club. I bet if you drive out there on saturday afternoon you'll see hundreds of people out there......just remember your five dollars for an entery fee!

Let's get this post back in the right direction.

Fishing Minnesota is for information sharing and having fun.

mw

went out on lake pepin yesterday afternoon caught 3 saugers biggest was 12" not to impressive