Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wade Joseph

Fix it or toss it?

15 posts in this topic

I was just wondering how many of you guys preffer to fix something over tossing it? I am pretty mechanically inclinded and have resurected quite a few different things. Especially if I can get a shop manual for it, I will fix it. I even do 90% of my own car repairs.

On a side note, If it don't run and your gonna scrap it, let me know, I may be willing to tackle fixing it.

I fix it. If it can't be fixed I keep it for parts.

Originally Posted By: Surface Tension
I fix it. If it can't be fixed I keep it for parts.

THATS why my 3 car garage holds 1 car and a boat.

I try to fix it. If that fails, I call Frank. The man can fix anything. Great neighbor, great friend grin.gif BC

Thanks Mark.

Wade, I have a huge garage and can't get a boat or car in it. grin.gif

I try to fix it. I am a little bit of a tree hugger in that I hate to have anything going to a landfil unnecessarily and using additional resources to replace it. I am also a bit of a cheap bugger so if I don't have to spend the money to replace it I won't.

Big Country's 10" auger bit was a bit much for the 49cc Mag 111 engine, heavy too.

Today we got Mark's auger ready for the Bash.

Very fitting for my Hillbilly friend.

auger%20Mora%20Master.jpg

Can't do this without those spare parts.

I'll call it a Mora Master Mag lll. 3M for short.

Hah! Frank, that's great. grin.gif

Pretty funny Frank but as long as it turns clockwise and cuts ice that is all that matters \:D

Cuts ice? Dude, with Franks sharpening skills that thing will put any new Jiffy or Eskimo to shame. You need a hole dug? Call BC at the Bash on channel 7 and I am there pal. BC

Hey BC should I leave the lazer at home this weekend.

Hey Surface Tension,

I see that you are holding that awesome work of art in front of a fireplace obviously inside someone's home perhaps in a living room??? Is that baby addorned as a mantle piece??? If so, that is just about the coolest thing I have seen in years!!! cool.gif

Rock and Roll,

Justin

Ripstick, leave the Lazer at home where it belongs. I got yo back bro. JustinG, no, it is not above the mantel. It's above my headboard where it belongs ;\) BC

HaHaHaHa!!!! Big Country!!!! that's even better!!! grin.gif

I fix 'em. Mostly because I enjoy doing it. I'm a carpenter by trade but am just as comftorble tearing down and rebuilding an engine as I am doing everything from form work to finish trim out on the job. Evan after I've finished something I'm always thinking of ways to improve it. Bad thing is I have a hard time saying no and seem to spend a lot of my time fixing stuff for my friends. Right now I've got several projects lined up in my shop that aren't mine.