Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
randyfaas

Sportsman's Sleepers?

16 posts in this topic

Tagging along this up coming weekend with a group of 5. We're going out of Sportsman's Sleepers. Just wondering if anyone can give a recent report or feedback about these sleepers.

Thanks-Randy.

I was up last weekend in a Riverbend sleeper (10th-13th) and were within sight of some of the sportsmans sleepers. Their sleepers seemed to be spread out from our location (34 fow 5 miles over pine) and then back toward Pine along a road which I think is maintained by Sportsman's. That road and their houses are tucked up against the Canadian border along that distance. I would imagine given the proximity to our location that bite would have been similar - see my report from early last week (Riverbend Sleeper Jan 10-13)...

Good Luck!

We did real well out of there sleepers jan 4-6 it was a fun trip

The sleepers are great accomodations with bunks, kitchenette, and folding chairs and table so it makes sleeping and eating a breeze. The sleepers are also pretty spacious and have an outhouse as well.

Good info. Thanks guys (and gals).

Just got back about a few hours ago staying at Sportmans Sleepers. We had four houses for a group of 19 guys. The result was about a bucket and half of fish for each house each day. Fishing wasn't fast and furious but consistant. We all had a good time and the fish frys were great.

The houses are very comfortable. I took my 8 year boy and 7 year old girl up with me last year and we had a great time. The house is very comfortable and the security of the radio in the house really is nice. The beds are great and the temperatures seem to be regulated very well. Plus, we caught a fair amount of fish. Needless to say, I booked again. We will be back soon!

Does anyone know where they have their sleepers know? Heading up there in a couple weeks and was just curious. Also, do they move them around a lot to get on fish or do they keep them in one spot. Thanks.

I talked to Sheri yesterday...going to stay in one early in February here - She said they are moving the houses almost everyday to stay on the fish and right now they are in about 32 feet of water.

We've been staying in Sportsman's Sleepers for the last 4 years and will be back in March. Dan, Tyler, Sheri and the others do a very good job. The Sleepers are very comfortable and spacious. We've had very good luck fishing as well. As far as moving the houses we have always come to a freshly moved house and if you want to move, they will move you. If you need anything they will get it. All in all we have been very happy with everything.

Dan is the man. The fish like all kinds of minnows and most colors.

Mark

Finally talked the wife into doing this (sleeper house LOW) year. However, she heard news of the tragedy this past weeek and now she's not real comfortable. Ive never gone before but would love to.. Has there been any issues like this in any of the sleepers that are rented out up there? Any information would be great, I still would love to do one of these trips. Thanks, in advance, the Perch

no all the resorts make sure everything is up to snuff in there remtal houses.im sure they cant afford anything like that to happen.when i rented i always braught a battery opp co detector.

Thats what I was thinking, I'll have to get one of those battery opperated detectors, thanks for the information. The Perch

All of their sleepers have co detectors and vents in them but we always bring an extra for piece of mind. You can't be too safe.

Thanks, the Perch