• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Little Rock Lake

river huntfish

Just wondering if anyone has been fishing the Rock lately. Thinking about giving it a try in the next few days. I think the wind is supposed to go down tommorow so the temps should be okay out there

I didn't think there was fish left there after the toxic [PoorWordUsage] they had last summer.

The sand bar on the north end and the sunken island have been kickin out eyes last Wed & Thur. Once the temp climbs back up a little and the pressure drops they should be good again. The neighbors haven't had trouble cleaning 4 0r 5 each time out. There are still alot guys fishing the south end at the turn in 9 fow. Yesterday i tryed 12 to 13 and was the first time for the big zero, had to eat pizza last night.

I just heard from someone whose wife had contacted the DNR and was sent to an advisory group that told her that people were not to be eating any fish from Little Rock. Makes you wonder what they are worried about. I can't imagine it's the blue algae from the summer bloom.

If the DNR knowns something, wouldn't they have it posted around the lake and let all home owners around the lake know about it.I live on Little Rock and have heard nothing yet. I was told tonight that some fish from the Rock were tested at SCSU and nothing was found. If there is some bad stuff in there, they might have to drain it down, dredge it out and start all over

I've caught quite a few walleyes out of the rock this winter, everyone of them has been 20" never bigger or smaller. Anyone else having the same results?

I've never kept fish from the lake, especially this year.

Quote:
If there is some bad stuff in there, they might have to drain it down, dredge it out and start all over

Are you kidding? For that Mississippi backwater pond?? It would be a waste of time and money for the DNR to do that on Little Rock, and should focus on more pressing issues. There is a reason why the lake is what it is, from road & farm field run off to rotting vegetation decay on the bottom of the lake from flooded meadow fields to insufficient septic systems that were around and still are to some present lakeshore/home owners, where back in the day my dad and grandpa told me people would just run their septic straight into the lake. There isnt enough flowage/current to ciculate the water as it is a backwater pond of the Mississippi.

the algae bloom in the lake isn't going to hurt the meat...I wouldn't hesitate to eat a fish out of that lake in the winter or spring. Hopefully the bloom isn't so severe this summer. I don't venture near the lake in the summer though--don't need my boat stained green!

Every time I've been out there this year there seemed to be quite a few people out there. I don't think it affected pressure noticably. After this cold snap I'm sure there will be more permanents and vehicles driving all over.