• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice conditions

Slugger

I know there is plenty of ice but we have a group heading up the 28th thru the 30th and I was wondering how thick the ice actually is now with the big cold snap? Also if there are any big cracks or heaves on any of the roads to stay away from? I have been reading this forum for over 2 years and just now got set up to post so I thought I would try it out. Thanks for any info.

Welcome to fishing Minnesota.

As for roads I know the Hillmans road is pressure ridge free and no cracks. Ice is coming in fairly comsitant without much slush although I wouldn't want to be the guy to find the thin stuff or slush pockets.

Thanks for the update Jonny! Pretty good chance we might try that crappie highway.

A person should go on the Crappie Highway, some crappies traveling it but the last fellow I talked to fishing the highway caught a semi truck! 44"+ pike!

Once he gets home he is going to send or post the pictures, it was a big...like Peterbuilt big.

Jonny... Is crappie highway where it forks off in a northwest direction at about the 6 mile mark?

That is correct, its puts you into a part of the crappie highway, remember that thing is a winding deal over seven miles long.