Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sonicrunch

Looking for the nicest fishouse rentals on Mille Lacs

17 posts in this topic

Like the title says. I am looking for the 5 star of fishhouses(2 person, 4 hole). The resort's websites do not have a lot of pictures of the inside of their rentals. I was hoping you guys could help me out.

I'm taking the girlfriend up in a couple of weeks, and the fishouse needs to be impressive so that she will be willing to go back again.

Thanks in advance.

Call Hunter Winfields and ask for the DreamShak

Check out Appledorns as well. Their delux houses are super nice! One of them even has a fire place and I think a microwave. Hunter's also has some very nice houses. Macs twin bays, if I recall, also has nice houses.

Thanks guys.

Is that dream shack a two person?

Right now we have a reservation at Scenic Bay, but I'm guessing it is a little on the "rustic" side.

Here you go Sonic. This is the house I was talking about. It's pretty big, maybe to big for two people.

Appledorns Premiure Fish House

Appledorns has very nice fish houses and some of them are 4 holes if i remember right

Nicest doesnt always mean the Best, keep in mind that service and catching fish will also impress her, although it's great to stay in a luxury rental if something were to go wrong or need attention some resorts are in a lack of so to speak, that is usually a big turnoff, as well as putting you on a few fish always helps break the ice, I would check out Appledorn's myself.

Kinda a related topic. I was watching Mid-West Outdoors this morining and they were fishing out of a perm shack on Lake of the Woods. My girlfriend commented on how "junky" the fish house was on the program and she really laughed when they showed there "deluxe" house. I think she was missing the point. These guys on TV had a bucket full of nice walleyes and all she is concerened about is the appeal of the fish house. Women?

heheh

Yep. Women.

Originally Posted By: Bigeye30"
Nicest doesnt always mean the Best, keep in mind that service and catching fish will also impress her, although it's great to stay in a luxury rental if something were to go wrong or need attention some resorts are in a lack of so to speak, that is usually a big turnoff, as well as putting you on a few fish always helps break the ice, I would check out Appledorn's myself.

I have to agree with that. We are there to stare down the hole, not at the walls.

That being said, I have read one bad report, and one good report about Scenic Bay. Is there a consensus of good or bad for these guys?

I pretty much gave up on trying to get my girlfriend to go fishing with me, she deer hunts so ill just be happy with that for now.

Appledorns has a nice set up and are very nice to work with. I'd give them a call.

Jason Erlandson

Sonic

I assume you're looking for a sleeper shack, not just a day shack?

The DreamShak at HunterWinfield's is an 8x16, plenty comfy for 2 people. I saw it at the ice fishing show in St Paul and it is PLUSH. They are great people as far as providing service goes too.

Give them a call, just click on thier banner at the top of this page.

I didn't see pictures of the DreamShak on their site. But it's just a little nicer than these.

photo6-thm.jpg

photo10-thm.jpg

photo8-thm.jpg

photo15-thm.jpg

Check out the Appeldoorn's posting for new fishhouse. Looks nice!!! If it's like everything paul at Appeldoorn's runs you won't be disappointed!!!!

A day will come when you dont want her fishing with you. So save your cash and fish in your portable.

I have seen both the Dreamshak and the Deluxe houses. You would not be disappointed by either.

Hunter Winfields and Appeldoorns run first class operations and you couldn't go wrong. Plus there are fantastic sponsors on this site. They will take care of the fisherman and the fisherwoman....even if your woman doesn't fish.

I know some guys say that their women don't "get it", but if she doesn't come along and have a good time, than instead of staring at a bucket of fish you might be staring at a to-do list at home. Why not make her comfortable and bring her along? I don't care if she fishes, at least she's comfortable, she came with and I don't worry about her asking me to stay home "with her". I get to fish and she gets to relax, read a book or lounge in her PJ's. Let her land a fish on a rattle reel and maybe she will start to "get it".

Raveling Outdoors has new nice houses. Check them out on their website. I stayed there two weeks ago-no problems and caught fish-wasn't one after another but landed some fish to clean and eat. The houses don't have Plasma TV's or Granite countertops. Some houses do have TV's with force air heat/cooktops/etc.. so all the amenities are there for someone looking to feel at home while fishing. Good Luck!!!