• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WHAT IS WORKING NOW

masterpuppet

I am looking to see what is working right now on the big lake? We will fishing the S.E. part of the lake. Any info would be great. Thankyou MAtt

was up for a few days this week. the only thing that worked well was the furnace in the house!!! pretty spotty fishing lately!! I'm on the west side though. hoping it picks up by next weekend when I go up again!!

I was out of wilderness warmth 14th - 17th thru all we had at them and didnt get much to show for are effort.Lots of small perch and i mean alot.Seen plenty of walleyes and some big ones to swim right up to your bait look at it follow up and down then just swim away.So its not whats working it the perch keeping them well fed.Dont get me wrong im sure you can catch some we did but for the amount we seen to the amount we caught was alot more see then catch.

I like to use the perch colored, glow varmit for a jig and plain red hook on set-line. Its probably not a majic cure for tough fishing this year but it seems to work as good as anything I have used in the past on Mille Lacs.

I have found great fishing with a fluter jig silver/green and gold/red. They are lite and have a really good action to them. It's been my best jig all year for walleyes and perch tiped with a minnow head or lots of grubs 5-10

This time of the year a plain red hood with a lively minnow on it can be the ticket. I also like perch colored lures because they match the hatch but sometimes using those exotic colors will get the fishes attenition.

Originally Posted By: bigwalleyeguy
Nothing is working stay home where its warm

I hate to say it, but a lot of people were singing the ice fishing blues on ML this weekend. Aside from the warm shack, warm food, warm drinks, and warm truck, there wasn't anything much to crow about. I hope things change next weekend.

In closing i have to say there are fish out there to get them to bite is the challange to see them on cam is awesome but i think i would go else where to fish this ice year because the pond has millions and millions of small perch in it just drop a cam you'll see .Happy fishing to all and i hope come opener this all changes or you are in for a ruff summer up there. Go to another lake not to take away from the pond but this year like years i have seen befor in my years fishing up there it wont get better any time soon maybe by mid summer for now there well fed for a long time.