Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WxGuy

Fly Tying Info...

7 posts in this topic

It seems we get a whole lot of inquiries as to the basics of fly tying in here.

Would it benefit folks to have a thread for starters to fly tying? There could be some basic info posted on how and what to use to get started and the opportunity to ask plenty of questions within that thread...

I'm a relatively novice tyer, but I know we could pool enough brain cells to get a good tutorial in here without writing a novel.

Knowing this could turn into a can of worms, I'm just throwing out the idea...

Thoughts?

I'll work on getting some pics down at the shop and put something together. Great idea Randy!

Thanks Kent! This should be a very helpful deal. \:\)

Great idea Randy, I'm in fulltime tying mode this weekend. I'll see what I can throw together, and I'll add a few patterns to the fly pattern thread as well.

i,d like to help just let me know how & what you need done.

Has anyone out there used fireline 2-3lb to tye flys? Man, can you ever crank down the pressure for tying on dumbell eyes.

Originally Posted By: Muddog
Has anyone out there used fireline 2-3lb to tye flys? Man, can you ever crank down the pressure for tying on dumbell eyes.

That's a great idea. That's one of the most frustrating things about tying flies to me; the thread breaks at the drop of a hat. There has GOT to be a better way! grin.gif