Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
al15abc

Maple Lake

5 posts in this topic

I am going to be up at Maple lake this upcoming weekend and week and have only fished it in the summer. I was wondering how it was for ice fishing and if anyone has any pointers. If you do not want to share it on the forum my email is al15abc@yahoo.com any information would be great becasue I am bringing with three buddies that have never ice fished before and want to make sure they have a good time and see some fish, not just empty beer cans. Thanks

It's been slow... I've been fishing a few nights each week targeting 'eyes with no luck at all. I took the camera all over the lake looking for structure and baitfish and couldn't find anything that looked good but just moved the house into shallower waters so we'll see how it turns out tonight. A lot of guys fish northerns during the day... might be a good bet as they're tons of the little jig robbers out there. March is a great time for panfish but right now fishing is tough. May want to try Buffalo instead...

Stick, thanks for the info but was not able to check the forum unitl I got back from fishing. You were right, maple lake was slow and I only was able to mark some fish around 4:00 P.M and had to leave before dark becasue I left my lanten back in St. Paul. But it was still great to get out and enjoy the fresh air. As for those eye's in maple I have heard about them being there but have yet to see one.

So... anyone planning on attending the Maple Lake fishing derby out on Saturday? Sounds like they're expecting a good turnout and with the warm weather forecasted, it should be a pretty good time. I was going to do the Brainerd Extravaganza but opted to stay home instead. Moved the fish house to the beach area last night so I'm ready. Anyone else?

HI I'LL BE THERE TOMMOROW LOOKING FORWARD TO IT. I HAVE 2 FISH TRAP SCOUTS FOR ME AND THE WIFE. STOP BY AND SAY HI IF YOU WOULD LIKE NAMES BRENT