Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Random guy

URL plow in action

13 posts in this topic

When the new road was punched into the Crappie Highway I got some shots of the URL plows rolling on Hillmans road. This is why they ask you to stay away from the road bank and give them the right of way, and this was throwing against a good wind.

unionpacific2resizedak9.jpg

Bet those chunks would raise heck on the wax job or portable canvas. \:o

Holy cow. That is a sight to see. How did you get that picture?

I see a new backround in my future.

watch out!! here he comes!!

Originally Posted By: K Dawg
Holy cow. That is a sight to see. How did you get that picture?

A may be getting a bit older and little "rounder" every year but I can still run like the wind. \:\)

Quote:

Its fun for the first five minutes then you realize it is just a sick and twisted way to torture trucks and your body.

I think you took that the wrong way. I used that pics as my desktop. I'd hate to imagine what really happens to those trucks.

Great photo. In order to enhance the intensity of the next photo, the plow truck driver should be wearing a "Jason" mask.

how far are those ice chunks flying 50ft.? the shape my portable material is in right now those chunks would have no problem making skylights, seeing that i can see right through my tent. I finally broke down the other night and ordered a new voyager tent from clam, cant wait to get that put on in this weather.

You look at that and then realize........Maybe that access fee is not so bad after all ;\) It could be your truck trying to run over all that snow ;\)

Originally Posted By: K Dawg

I was gonna say, you must be a welder, bodyman, towtruck driver..........

With that plow the big chunks will land up to 70 feet away. Some plows are shaped to throw the snow high so the wind catch's the snow and carries it away and some like this one are shaped to throw for distance. Your portable wouldn't just have holes, it would be flattened. At 40 feet another vehicle will have it's windows broken, mirrors, windshield wipers and grill torn off and the body panels caved in.

Kelly, are you speaking from experience?

No but I am.

img1024lr2.jpg

This truck even though it was not very pretty had:

A full grill

crack free windshield

no major dents or dings just a little rust.

Afterwards the window went, both mirrors blew out, the dash busted, hood would not open, grill destroyed, raditior leaked, passnger door knocked out of alignment and that was from a plow making a corner where they have little power and don't throw the snow very far. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. My fault because I didn't communicate with the other drivers about who was going where.

10 bucks is very a reasonable fee. If only for the peace of mind an established road gives a fisher person.