Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eyecrazy

cold weather

3 posts in this topic

do the fish bite better during the cold or do they not bit at all

before the cold front they usally shut down for a few days to weeks

If it stays cold and somewhat stable the fish will start to move/bit again. Is when the weather changes when they dont bit so good. Right before a front comes in can be some of the best fishing.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• cheapicetrick
      Thanks for the information. I believe yours must be different by the sounds of it. Mine looks like the one below. A bolt actually goes through the pin and bolts onto the actual trolling motor and you have to pull the lever completely out to remove it from the boat.  
    • leech~~
    • phishnerd
      Crawlers work great for a mixed bag of fish.  Fresh cut bait like suckers or shad work great for channel cats.  I've never fished North Lake in Red Wing. Have fun!
    • Chevy Nation
      Have you or anyone tried North Lake in Red Wing by Treasure Island?? Just curious if anything have been biting there?
    • eyeguy 54
      I seen this I seen that.....   I go and correct it once in a while... LOL  somebody has to help you peasants 
    • Chevy Nation
      Thanks a lot phishnerd! I will give it a shot and let ya know how I do! I am hoping to get out tomorrow if not hopefully this weekend! Thanks for the tips on baiting also! What would you use for live baits?
    • leech~~
        ikr, who let da dang englsh techer on dis fishn frum anways! Hck evn that pushbuttom guy whos a techer ant raggen onfolk! @*!&
    • Wanderer
      I would think so.  You still need a passport too.  Seems like the only change is loosening up on the mandatory check in.  You only have to if they ask you too.   I never took an RABC to exempt me from the check in requirement before this change.
    • Wanderer
    • Rick
      The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has released a draft operational plan for management of the Sand Dunes State Forest, located in central Sherburne County, about 3 miles west of Zimmerman. The draft operational plan will undergo a 45-day public review from June 21 to August 4. Members of the public are invited to read the draft plan on the DNR’s website and provide comments through an online form; both are located at www.mndnr.gov/forestry/sand-dunes. The DNR will hold a public meeting to discuss the plan on July 10, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., at the Big Lake High School cafeteria; 501 Minnesota Ave., in Big Lake. Members of the public will be invited to interact with DNR staff and learn more about the draft plan. The meeting will begin with an open house, followed by a brief DNR presentation about the plan and, conclude with an open microphone session. Last summer, the DNR organized a group of local residents, government leaders and other interested people to provide perspective and advice on management issues in the Sand Dunes State Forest. The group held six open meetings, and there were often additional people in the audience who joined in the discussion. These citizen-centered discussions helped shape the new draft plan released this week. Sand Dunes State Forest, established by the Minnesota Legislature in 1945, includes about 6,000 acres of land owned and managed by the state. It features pine plantations, rare sand dunes, wetlands, woodlands, oak savanna and prairie and is home to more than two dozen rare plants and animals. The forest is a popular recreation destination for hikers, horseback riders, hunters, campers and others. For ongoing news regarding Sand Dunes State Forest and future meetings of the advisory group, sign up for email updates . Enter an email address and then select Sand Dunes State Forest from the drop down list.  Visit www.mndnr.gov/forestry/sand-dunes for notes and resources related to the meetings.
        Discuss below - to view set the hook here.