Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JRFISHBAIT

Propane and Cold Weather

5 posts in this topic

Now that we have extremely cold weather here, people are bound to have problems with their heaters and propane tanks. In extremely cold weather, it is important to keep your tanks as full as possible. When the temperature dips, so does the pressure in your tank. When the pressure drops, the liquid won't vaporize. The only way around this is to keep your tanks full so the pressure stays up.

This may be considered an advertisement, but we will work with you to keep your tanks full. Normally we have one charge for a tank fill, but if your tank is 1/2 or 2/3 full, we will work with you on this. I'd rather see your heater work properly and you safe and warm in this cold weather.

Joe, Matt, Katy and the gang

thanks for the heads up, I was just debaiting whether to fill them or not. I guess I will. I'm going to use it sooner or later right?

Thanks for the great offer to fill the part full tamks and not charge a full fill to fill a 1/2 full tank.

Guys, this is a very generous offer as very few propane suppliers will do this.

Just an example of how great our Fishing Minnesota sponsors are.

Reel Fishing and Tackle is "DA BOMB"!

Thanks so much.

The physics are a little more complex then just keeping your tanks full but the importance of this message is correct.

Harvey is certainly correct when it comes to 5 - 20 lb tanks, everywhere fills at a flat rate, this is an real offer from someone dedicated to their customer.

Another tip for those using 1 lb tanks is do not use wal-marts (Ozark Trail) 1 lb tanks in this cold weather. They have cut something else into that fuel that unnoticeable in the summer but doesnt vaporize the at the same rate in the cold. The result is your heater really starts to stink towards the end of the tank. I put those on the grill and buy elsewhere for hard water fishing.