Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DEADhead

Fly Swap 2008

65 posts in this topic

With the onset of cold temps and cabin fever, it is that time of year to start tying hardcore, and organize a fly swap.

The swap will be open to the first dozen that respond to this post. Please include a working email address in your post.

This year's theme will be: NYMPHS

The tentative due date is postmarked by March 1st. That way I can receive the flies, redistribute them, and send them out so that you receive them before the Brule opener on 3/29 ;\) .

Once the 12 entrants are determined, I will post the list here, and send an email to all entrants, containing the rules for the swap and my contact information.

Thanks and happy tying!

Count me in again for this year. I had some great success with last years patterns.

Count me in again, too. Deadhead, thanks for organizing it this year. I think you've got my email already, but in case you don't:

almontco1 at yahoo

I'm there. Thanks JP

randy at mntu dot org

I'm in!

Just a friendly reminder to please include your email address with your post \:\)

paul0508atd.umn.edu

I'll go....

velomarc@hotmail.com

I'll give it a go

shiner2367@yahoo.com

I'll give it a try this year.

perch_master@hotmail.com

ok im in again, sowbug1171@yahoo.com

I'll need to pass.

But can next years theme be "crab flies" or "minnows"?

That's all I got the fingers for. \:\(\:\(\:\)

Craig

I have to pass too. No place to set up the vice at the moment.

(no cheering)

Last year was very good! Great flies!

Hopefully next year?

Jim

jaegerrj@luther.edu

I'm in as well!

cbuller(at)industrialcustom(dot)com

Originally Posted By: Craig_S
I'll need to pass.

But can next years theme be "crab flies" or "minnows"?

That's all I got the fingers for. \:\(\:\(\:\)

Craig

No need to feel excluded Craig. If you want to tie us up a crab pattern, knock yourself out. If a crayfish pattern can be considered a "nymph" fly, why not a crab...

I'm not against sand colored "crawfish" and I don't think the carp will be either ;\)

I'll play again if there's still room.

Tony.stifter@yahoo.com

still room for a couple more....

No worries man. I don't feel excluded. Truth is I'm staring at my tying table and a lack if Tiemco 811S in size 4. I was all motivated to tie up a bunch of charlies, merkins, and gotcha clousers. But only two number 4's. Sometimes I wish I lived closer to a city. But not for long!

Tonight I spend making an order list. In a week the tying begins. Reality is that I have soooo many bonefish flies, I know I can pull off this trip without tying any. But it's sort of become a ritual. Each year I use maybe 15, lose maybe 5. Don't tell my wife! And I'm throwing that bend-back from last years swap in the kit. It'll score, and I'll be sure to photo that one!

Craig

too bad I couldn't help ya out tonight, I have well over a hundred of those size 4's left from last year's order to hook and hackle. I probably only tied up about 50 flies on those 4's last winter. I need to put an order in too, for some Mustad R90 4x strong nymph hooks. Looks like I'll have to go the hook and hackle or J Stockard's route again this year.

So far the list is at 10 tyers (not including me). I will keep the entries open until the morning of Feb 1st. to fill the last two spots. If they have not been filled, we leave it at 11 tyers. I will send the email with the final instructions out on Feb 1, or until the last two spots are filled, whichever is sooner. Thanks all!

Here's the list of the 12 participants.

DEADhead

mouse

so haaad

Wx Guy

Quickstrike

-Marc V-

shiner2367

musky_tail05

sowbug1171

SportFishin'

Stiff

erickol

Please check your email for fly swap rules/instructions.

Thanks for running this, JP!

Hey, wish I would have looked at your post sooner! If there is a drop out, please consider me for a back up. If not, I'll wait for the next go round. Eric

eric_kolcinski@yahoo.com

If there are no objections, I will add erickol to the swap, as there were still vacancies before the close.

Sounds good to me! I haven't started tying yet, but I do know what I am going to tie..........one more shouldn't set me back too much grin.gif