Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeffyo45

Marcum LX-1 Question

4 posts in this topic

I have an LX-1 that I bought brand new I think 4-5 years ago. I love it and have never had any problems with it. I have always been able to read even the smallest of panfish jigs in 40 feet of water with the gain turned to just above 2. This year for some reason I have been having to turn the gain up into the 5-6 range if I am fishing in anything over 15 feet of water. My question, is this most likely a transducer that is going bad or a battery problem? It gets used a fair amount during the winter but like I said I have never had a problem with either the battery or the transducer. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

It sounds like a transducer problem at first. You may have some scratches on the bottom or its just going bad. Before you purchase a new one, if you have a spare battery or know someone who has a good one, try using that first to see if that path is your problem. You could also contact Marcum customer service and see what they have to say. Good Luck

Like KDawg says.. try a new battery first.. one can never have enough back up batteries.. If you still feel its not kicking out the same power it once had, You may need a new ducer...

Does the bottom of your ducer have any major dings or scratches on it?

If it's not the battery it could be the transducer or the powerhead. Talk to Marcum, they'll fix it.